– Has deep various theoretical knowledge of material composition and improvement of their properties, knowledge of methodology and technique for technological measurements of materials, knowledge of processing and analysis of experimental results, thorough methodological knowledge on composing, creation and research of mew materials.
– Is competent to define, assess and forecast the trends and prospects of development of materials science and impact of technologies on the environment, apply high technologies (micro and nano technologies).
– Is competent to apply modern methods and instruments of surface engineering, micro and nano technologies, functional (optical, electrical, magnetic) materials used, form micro and nano structure, and use or develop devices.
– Has skills of management, negotiations and leadership, takes responsibility for the quality of his/her activities and that of his/her subordinate employees, quality assessment and performance improvement based on professional ethics, technological engineering operating standards and citizenship.
– Has very good knowledge of project management and business aspects, understands links between technological solutions and their economic effects.
– Able to make technological solutions and solve atypical, undefined and incomplete problems, is able to define, analyse and solve problems of development of materials science, scientific research, technological processes and environmental protection.
– Able to assess, model and forecast material structure, composition and properties applying analytical and numerical methods, including mathematical analysis, computational modelling or experiments for assessment, modelling and forecast of structure, composition and properties of functional materials, to select or develop functional materials with optimal properties for various engineering properties.
– Able to select of develop materials with optimal properties, able to apply innovative methods to solve various engineering problems.
– Able to apply acquired knowledge and latest achievements of materials science to select and develop various materials with optimal or required properties, to solve engineering problems using modern technological equipment and formation principles.
– Able to plan, perform analytical, modelling or applied research and introduce their results in the processes of material processing, to analyse applicability of new or newly occurring high technologies, methods of instrumental analysis in solving of various engineering problems.