Modern industry is in great need of professionals in materials science, ready to develop new materials and devices for application in renewable energy, consumer electronics, healthcare, and other areas. Our practical approach gives our graduates the opportunity to gain knowledge and skills for success in electronics, energy, chemicals, automotive industry, and other sectors.
- Modes and duration: 2 years (full-time)
- Tuition fees: no tuition fees for those who successfully pass the selection
- Language: English
The MSc program is 2 years long: the first year is to strengthen your theoretical background, and the second year is to focus on research. Students have the freedom to choose courses and extracurricular activities to shape their individual trajectory, acquire soft skills, and gain entrepreneurial skills to prepare for job placement.
- Lectures and practical classes conducted by world-renowned professors and experts.
- Students' individual research projects carried out at Skoltech laboratories.
- An 8-week summer industry immersion program at leading companies turning knowledge and skills into action.
- Courses on entrepreneurship and innovation that provide skills, as well as knowledge, to commercialize ideas and research findings.
Our program provides a broad and integrated overview of materials science and in-depth study of particular problems of the industry. Our graduates will get all the necessary knowledge and skills to:
- acquire hands-on experience in materials design and device prototyping and use it in their future career
- apply knowledge of fundamental science and engineering to identify, formulate and solve complex materials and devices problems
- design and conduct experiments, as well as analyze and interpret data
- communicate and function effectively within any research and industry multidisciplinary teams
- use the techniques and modern technological tools necessary for engineering practice
The 2-year program comprises of compulsory and recommended elective courses on the most important topics, a wide set of elective courses (depending on the research and professional needs of the student), components of entrepreneurship and innovation, research activity and 8 weeks of industry immersion.
Education requirements: Bachelor's degree, or its equivalent in Physics, Chemistry, or Materials Science.
English Language: If your education has not been conducted in English, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
- Your CV (ENG)
- Motivation letter (ENG)
- 2 recommendation letters
- Diploma or transcript
- Your certificates and awards, achievements and other materials for portfolio
- February 3, 2019
- March 17, 2019
- April 21, 2019
- June 05, 2019
- July 16, 2019 (last submission deadline!)
Program taught in: