Developing and marketing new products and services requires today's savvy professionals to recognize opportunities, create and implement solutions, and develop leadership and interpersonal skills. You’ll acquire these skills and more in the Master of Science in Marketing and Technology Innovation program. By recognizing the unique needs of technology-oriented environments and how to meet them head-on, you’ll gain valuable, marketable skills as you prepare to take on a leadership role.
The MS in Marketing and Innovation 36-credit program is designed for aspiring marketing leaders responsible for innovation within technology-oriented environments. You’ll learn how to create and apply comprehensive marketing strategies, design new product development processes, transform data into useful business intelligence, and understand consumer behavior and risk management across regions and cultures. You determine the right number of classes to take each semester. In the classroom, you will benefit from rich discussions and a supportive learning atmosphere.
MSMI students must complete the six courses listed below:
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Financial Information and Management
- Marketing Management
- Marketing Research
- Digital Marketing
- Group and Interpersonal Dynamics in Complex Organizations
Students then select four electives from the following list:
- Selling and Sales
- User Experience Applications
- Consumer Behavior
- Global Technology Marketing
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Data Mining Business Applications
- Product and Brand Management
- Supply Chain Analysis and Design
Students round out their MSMI with two free electives, which may include courses outside of business and a maximum of three credits of internship.
A highly specialized program specifically designed for individuals working in marketing positions, the MS in Innovation and Technology will help advance your career. You’ll think analytically, communicate effectively, and make immediate strategic contributions to technology-focused organizations.
Type of occupations include:
- Professional Associate
- Public Relations Manager
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Advertising, Promotions and Marketing Manager
Resources for International Students
The International House provides ongoing programs and essential services to assist, guide, and support international students and scholars in their transition to U.S. society and academic culture.
A technology-centric world needs business-savvy professionals
The Foisie Business School graduate admissions team will help you find the right degree program for your career goals, guide you through the application process, and, if you are admitted, assure you are on the right track for success.
WPI generally attracts candidates with backgrounds in engineering, science, and information technology, but many of our graduate business students are also marketers, entrepreneurs, researchers, financial managers, and medical practitioners. Whatever your focus when you come in, you will leave with a keen business sense for a technology-centric world. WPI graduate business students are bright, hardworking, committed individuals from across the globe and industry spectrum.
WPI is accepting applications for fall 2019. Scholarships are available.
The following application deadlines apply:
- For U.S. applicants - July 15 (fall) / December 15 (spring)
- For International applicants - June 15 (fall) / November 6 (spring)
- For Ph.D. applicants - February 1 (fall)
After the deadlines have passed, applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Required testing information
Any international applicant seeking to attend WPI on an F-1 Student Visa must submit official TOEFL scores or IELTS scores. However, if applicants have two years of continuous full-time college study completed within the last five years, in a country whose official language is English, he or she can apply for a TOEFL/IELTS waiver by contacting an admissions counselor.
While WPI requires a minimum TOEFL score of 84, the Foisie School of Business requires a minimum TOEFL score of 90 or IELTS score of 7. The Foisie School of Business requires a GMAT score of 500 or its equivalent on the GRE. There are no minimum GRE scores, but the average for admitted students over the past three years has been 150 verbal, 165 quantitative, and 3.0 analytical.
- Department/Program: Foisie School of Business
- Online Application Submission Deadline: International applicants should apply by Jun 15 for fall and Nov 6 for spring. Domestic applicants should apply by Jul 15 for fall and Dec 15 for spring. Decisions are made on a rolling basis.
- All Credentials Deadline: We recommend completing your application within 15-30 days of submission. An interview may be offered once all credentials have arrived.
- Official transcripts for all post-secondary colleges or universities: Required
- Application fee of $70: Required
- Letters of Recommendation: Three letters of professional recommendation from individuals who can comment on your qualifications for pursuing graduate study are required. Please invite your recommenders to submit their letters electronically via the online application. Academically qualified recommendations may be submitted, as needed.
- GRE: GMAT or GRE scores are required; waivers could be available for WPI alumni who have achieved a 3.0 GPA or higher and may be waived for applications with special circumstances. For more information please see below.
- Statement of Purpose: Required; a resume is also required.
- Video Essay: Required: Online video interview, completed at your convenience.
Program taught in: