The Master’s Programme in Management and International Business (MIB) is a flexible programme that gives you the opportunity to create a unique professional profile based on your interests.
Follow your passion, become a game changer
Would you like to be one of the future game changers who
- Generates innovative strategies for global markets?
- Creates inspiring workplaces?
- Empowers people in multi-cultural business environments?
- Communicates effectively with changing organisational contexts?
- Leads the way towards a more sustainable future?
If yes, the Master’s Programme in Management and International Business (MIB) is for you!
The MIB Programme gives you current management and leadership skills combined with a holistic understanding of business that enables you to tackle the challenges posed by the rapidly changing digitalised environment. We offer you an international and interactive study environment where you can develop yourself into a highly capable professional with widely applicable knowledge. In our challenge based courses, we work closely with diverse organisations and business people offering you the latest insights as well as live cases to solve.
Programme overview - Create your own path
The Master’s Programme in Management and International Business is a flexible programme that gives you the opportunity to create a unique professional profile based on your interests. You can tailor your own course portfolio or select one of the suggested specialisation paths:
- Human Resource Management
- International Business
- Organisational Communication
- Strategy Work
- Sustainability Management
In addition to these, you can add to your multidisciplinary professional profile by choosing an interesting minor offered by the various schools of Aalto University, or even complete your minor abroad.
You also have a unique opportunity to apply to our double degree programmes with University of Queensland (Australia) or University of South Carolina (USA). These programmes are open only to the students of Management and International Business.
The Aalto community offers a broad selection of extra-curricular activities, for example, a vibrant entrepreneurship community.
The programme helps you develop into an open-minded and competent professional with the analytical, conceptual, communicational and cultural sensitivity skills that you need to succeed in the international arena.
Depending on your choices, upon graduation you will be able to:
- offer a holistic view of global business challenges
- analyse, lead and facilitate strategic change
- design, perform and develop (I)HRM practices
- develop international business and promote cross-cultural interaction
- support, develop and create a sustainable business
- address and deal with complex communication challenges
- reflect upon and develop your own professional practice
Broad career prospects
As a graduate of the Master’s Programme in MIB, you will have broad career prospects in the culturally mixed and competitive global labour market. Our graduates often take up entry-level positions in consultancy, human resources, and management, and choose inspiring paths to top positions, such as director, country manager, project leader or entrepreneur. Hybrid careers are becoming increasingly common and the programme encourages dynamic career choices. Check out what our alumni have to say about our programme on ‘Get to know us’ page!
1. General admission requirements
The application must first fulfil the general eligibility requirements before it is sent to the Master's programme for academic evaluation. Read carefully the general admission requirements, information on admission groups, selection schedule, required application documents and application instructions on our website section admissions. See also language requirements.
In addition to the general eligibility requirements, each Master's programme has programme-specific evaluation criteria.
2. Programme-specific requirements
Required previous studies
To be considered for admission the applicant must have completed at least 18 ECTS credits of studies covering the domains of Management or International Business or subjects that support those domains (for example business, communication studies, sociology, social psychology, educational sciences or political science studies). Internships cannot be included in the credits. The previous studies are assessed by a representative of the programme during academic evaluation. Please note that the programme does not evaluate previous studies of applicants in advance.
The applicants that fulfil the above requirement of previous studies are ranked according to the criteria below. The admission group depends on the degree you are applying with. Only applicants with a lower university degree in “Economics and Business Administration” completed in a university in Finland apply in Admission Group 1. The name of the degree is kauppatieteiden kandidaatti, KTK in Finnish. All other applicants apply in Admission Group 2. More information on admission groups is on the admissions page.
Location: Aalto University School of Business, Töölö Campus, Helsinki
- For information on admissions and applying instructions, please read carefully the Admissions section on our website.
- Information on the studies in the Master's Programme in Management and IB (in the academic year 2017-2018) is available in the online Study Guide.
- After reading all the instructions on our website, if you have general questions on admission and applying, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions concerning studies or academic evaluation of the programme, please contact Study Coordinator Hanne Kauppila, MIBemail@example.com. Please note that the programme does not evaluate documents or previous studies of applicants in advance.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 5, 2018