Today’s entrepreneurs and entrepreneurial managers need to drive innovations in business and society towards a more sustainable future. The Leuphana Master's Programme in Management & Entrepreneurship provides you with the knowledge, skills and the spirit to take on complex challenges: working towards a future in which people can thrive in a healthy environment.
The programme is firmly embedded in current academic debates, it teaches you rigorous methods for empirical research, and deals with real-world problem-solving, including business venturing by students. Our approach is to combine theory with practice and individual reflective thinking with collaborative learning. Our curriculum blends insights from various disciplines such as psychology, management, organisational sociology, entrepreneurship, information systems and finance to provide a unique educational offer to managers who will have the ability to work towards a sustainable future.
Since its foundation, Leuphana University has been dedicated to blending cutting-edge management and entrepreneurship research with a link to the industry and startup culture. Our unique programme is characterised by the following six principles:
- Explorative – motivating students and encouraging them to engage with novel issues in Management & Entrepreneurship theory and practice.
- Research-based – training students in theory, methods and empirical data from management & entrepreneurship research.
- Actionable – providing practical contexts for problem-based learning as well as supporting and coaching student’s business ventures.
- Reflective - offering educational spaces for reflective and critical dialogues to explore the limits of theories, methods and practical solutions.
- Individualised – offering possibilities to personalise the educational experience with supplementary profiles in business venturing, finance and accounting, data science, culture and organisation, sustainability management, public policy and the Graduate School's doctoral track.
- International – creating an international community of students, educators and practitioners, for example integrating as international partner programmes.
This master's programme is structured along five tracks:
- The Management Studies track addresses the issue of responsible management in business and society. It discusses advanced foundations of organisation, strategy and innovation, offers multidisciplinary perspectives on digitalisation and concludes in the third semester with an interdisciplinary capstone project.
- The Core Curriculum track promotes entrepreneurial thinking and fosters critical reflection. It integrates compulsory and electives modules, bringing together two areas of business studies – entrepreneurship and management. We are interested in topics covering individuals, organisations and industry settings in which innovations in products, services, technologies and institutional frameworks are reinvented and changed through entrepreneurial initiatives. Our curriculum covers these topics in various modules, such as Entrepreneurial Psychology, Entrepreneurial Strategy, Entrepreneurial Finance as well as Innovation and Market Creation, Organisation Design for Innovation, and Institutional Change.
- The Research track aims to address real problems and advance new knowledge. You can focus on qualitative and quantitative research methods and apply your theoretical skills within a research project during the third semester. In this research project, you will advance your scientific understanding and develop solutions for current problems.
- In the Complementary Studies track, students from all study programmes come together in interdisciplinary seminars. Modules on Engaging with Knowledge and Science, Reflecting Research Methods as well as Connecting Science, Responsibility and Society offer opportunities to reflect upon science, its history and ethics as well as its interaction with society and foster our student’s interdisciplinary perspectives and skills.
- By choosing different elective profiles with modules from subject areas such as business venturing, finance & accounting, sustainability management, culture and organization and data science.
If you want to start your doctoral studies parallel to your Master's degree you need to choose the Doctoral Track. Of course, you also may choose the "classical" way and start for a doctorate after the Master's degree.
Students at Leuphana Graduate School write their master's dissertation as an independent scientific work, applying their knowledge and skills to treat practical and scientific problems. Both fields of research require strong analytical skills and complex thinking in order to identify relevant questions, develop theories, carry out empirical analyses and reflect on possible solutions.
As part of the degree programme Management & Entrepreneurship, you may integrate a study visit to the University of Cranfield to obtain a further Master's degree.
For students who are planning a stay abroad, we recommend the third semester. It is possible to study abroad as a free mover or in an Erasmus programme at one of our partner universities. Our University’s International Office supports students right from the start.
The Management & Entrepreneurship degree programme provides an excellent foundation for entering into different career paths. By combining profound academic knowledge, analytical skills and critical thinking with excellent problem-solving skills, you will be prepared for a variety of different careers. These can range from start-up entrepreneurs, managerial positions in multinational corporations or public organisations to business developers, and consultants in private or public organisations. If you like to continue your academic career you are welcome to apply for our doctoral programme on Entrepreneurship, Management and Innovation. Since you have the possibility to personalise your educational profile by choosing different elective tracks and as such co-specialise in areas like business venturing or sustainability management, you can create a unique profile, and prepare yourself for different job market opportunities.
At a Glance
- Degree awarded: Master of Science (M.Sc.)
- Application period: April 1 - June 1
- Type of programme: Subject-specific
- Study places: 60
- Start date: October 1
- Extent: 120 ECTS
- Duration: 4 semesters
- Language: English, some electives in German
- Semester contribution: approximately EUR 360
About the School
Leuphana University established Germany’s first public college. Its Graduate School merges the academic demands of masters and doctorates, and its own Professional School offers highly regarded furthe ... Read More