Master of Science in Management Information Systems
Developing Future IT Leaders
FIU'stop-ranked Chapman Graduate School of Business in the College of Business Administration at Florida International University delivers a unique Master of Science in Management Information Systems (MSMIS) program, a graduate Information Systems and Technology program designed with guidance from the top IT professionals and CIOs in South Florida. The courses are taught by world-renowned faculty. Students can choose various career IT paths such as project manager, e-commerce developer, systems analyst and designer, network and security administrator, business intelligence analyst, IT manager, CIO, and database architect.
Master of Science in Management Information Systems Highlights
To better prepare you to become an outstanding IT professional, our twelve-month Master of Science in Management Information Systems program at the Chapman Graduate School of Business offers you an integrated curriculum that combines both technical and IT management skills, including electronic commerce management and strategy, database management, systems analysis and design, project management, knowledge management, and business intelligence. This combined business-focused and technical approach enables you to understand the complexities of today’s most critical business systems and to manage your organization’s IT resources to produce the best results.
Master of Science in Management Information Systems Unique Features
Our Chapman Graduate School of Business, top-rated for its excellence in graduate business education, helps facilitate your transition from the Master of Science in Management Information Systems program to a great position in the field, one in which you can apply your newly acquired IT and management knowledge, by providing an experiential learning environment with lots of opportunities to interact with our world-renowned faculty, collaborate with other students, and get familiar with the latest information technology applications in our state-of-the-art labs.
No other program has this unique combination of benefits. As a student in our program, you will:
- complete the program in 12 months.
- begin the program in August at main Modesto A. Maidique Campus or in January at brand new Downtown FIU Campus.
- acquire a unique combination of technical and IT management skills.
- learn high-demand information technologies such as .Net, Java, UML, XML and more.
- improve your soft skills by taking Professional Development Seminars focused on leadership, team building, career development, writing and presentation skills.
- gain hands-on application experience in computer technology labs.
- build a future network of highly qualified professionals and peers in the IT field.
- be in a cohort-based, lock-step program that our students and alumni indicate is very supportive and helps them improve their ability to work in teams.
- learn from faculty with international reputations for research in business intelligence, databases, project management, knowledge management, globalization and e-business who take great pride in their teaching. Ninety-two percent of students we surveyed also are satisfied both with instructor accessibility and responsiveness.
Last updated October 23, 2017