Master of Science in Management - Human Resource Management
This programme allows students to mix and match subjects to suit their personal growth and training needs.
For those who are interested in a general management education, they may opt for subjects covering issues such as corporate strategy, leading change, global business and managing diversity.
For those who are seeking specialist careers in human resource management, they may opt for, for example, training and development, pay and benefits, employee relations, and human resource development.
To graduate, students need to complete 31 credits. There are two routes for attaining these 31 credits:
- 10 three-credit subjects (4 Compulsory and 6 Elective), plus one-credit Business Ethics; Or
- 4 Compulsory Subjects and 2 Elective Subjects, plus one-credit Business Ethics, three-credit Research Methods, and nine-credit Dissertation
Students may graduate with a Postgraduate Diploma upon completing 4 Compulsory Subjects and 3 Elective Subjects (21 credits), or with a Postgraduate Certificate upon completing Compulsory Subjects (12 credits).
Mode of study: Mixed-mode
Full-time students study 9 credits or more in a semester. Part-time students study less than 9 credits in a semester.
Students normally complete the programme full-time in 1.5 years or part-time in 2.5 years (5 regular semesters plus a Summer Term). Maximum study period is 5 years. Classes are normally scheduled on weekday evenings.
The programme offers a structured progression pattern. Students are encouraged to follow the pattern to benefit from a cohort-based structure. However, being credit-based, the programme allows students to proceed at their own pace within the 5-year limit.
Current students can refer to the Definitive Programme Document for more details about the programme.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional qualifications, preferably with at least one year of relevant working experience.
- Applicants with other post-secondary qualifications, normally not under 27 years of age, who have been employed in industry, commerce or public administration for not less than 6 years, of which 3 years in a managerial capacity, will also be considered.
- Suitable candidates may be invited to attendadmission interviews.
The tuition fee is HK$170,500 per programme (31 credits)
The tuition fee is HK$254,200 per programme (31 credits)
Program taught in: