Big data analysis and evidence-based decision making are critical skills for rising business managers. Do you want to learn advanced data analytics skills to tame and transform big data into smart insights for executive decision making?
If yes, take a look at Weatherhead School of Management's newest degree offering, the Master of Science in Management - Business Analytics (MSM-Business Analytics). The MSM-Business Analytics is a full-time, 33-credit-hour, STEM-eligible program that can be completed in 11 months.
The MSM-Business Analytics is a lock-step program that includes three interlocking modules:
- business core (12 credit hours),
- analytics core (9 credit hours), and
- applied business analytics (12 credit hours).
The Business Core provides students with a holistic understanding of the underlying business context necessary for succeeding in any industry. The Analytics Core equips students with the general data handling, data presentation, and analysis skills, and the courses in Applied Business Analytics build off of these general skills to improve the students' ability to make decisions in the two most common application areas: marketing and operations.
The three overlapping circles emphasize our program's goals:
- building applied analytical skills,
- for intelligent business decision making,
- using a wide range of tools appropriate for today's business data.
The program is delivered through a range of open source and commercial statistical software (e.g., R, SPSS, SAS, Stata), preparing students with the necessary user expertise to excel in analyst positions across industries.
Unlike programs that emphasize a specific industry track, Weatherhead's MSM-Business Analytics program trains students to master analytical skills for application in both operations and marketing, thereby promoting synergies of interdisciplinary training. The program also includes a unique, in-depth professional development course to advise and equip students to successfully enter managerial, consulting and analyst positions upon graduation.
The Weatherhead MSM-Business Analytics program is right for you if
- You are currently finishing or recently graduated with an undergraduate or master's degree in business, science, or quantitative disciplines,
- You are motivated to build skills for conducting rigorous analytics,
- You seek operations and/or marketing related positions that emphasize evidence-based decision making.
- Use state-of-the-art open source and commercial statistical and visualization software (e.g., CPLEX, AREANA, R, SPSS, SAS, Stata) to build business analytics skills,
- Analyze different types of business data with confidence no matter what industry you join,
- Develop applied problem-solving competence to address a range of challenges in marketing, operations, services, sales and more.
Tradition of Excellence
Weatherhead's MSM-Business Analytics program builds upon the success and reputation of its world-renowned faculty who are thought leaders in business management and data analytics.
Managers create the worlds in which we work and live. The manager's ability to gather and interpret data equips organizations with the information necessary to take risks, assess results and innovate new solutions. MSM-Business Analytics is supported and enhanced by Weatherhead's overall commitment to preparing graduates to manage by designing and to view business as an agent of world benefit.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 4, 2018