Offered jointly between the UPF Department of Economics and Business and the UPF Barcelona School of Management, the Master of Science in Management (specialization in Operations and Supply Chain Management) is a one-year, full-time program taught entirely in English and targeted at students with strong quantitative skills. The program provides a theoretical and practical exposition of the factors that are necessary for effective operations and supply management in today’s global and highly competitive markets. In addition, it demonstrates how successful operations performance can shape and influence the sales and profit ambition of a business. You will develop a profound understanding of the processes and techniques for developing operations strategy and managing operations and supply chain activities.
The program provides you the knowledge necessary to become a management expert specialized in the area of operations and supply chain. Also, as one of the most important areas in today's markets, this Master’s program will enable you to be the perfect candidate for companies.
The Master of Science in Management (specialization in Operations and Supply Chain Management) benefits from the outstanding, hand-picked faculty of UPF's world-ranked Department of Economics and Business, known for its scientific approach, its constant contribution to creating knowledge, and its capacity to stimulate and convey knowledge.
Why this program?
- Talent scholarship: UPF Barcelona School of Management annually awards scholarships to finance master's studies to students who can demonstrate their talent and motivation (more information, click here)
- You will learn from the faculty of the internationally top-ranked Department of Economics and Business (DEE)
- You will get a theoretical and practical knowledge of the factors that are necessary for effective operations and supply management in today’s global and highly competitive markets
- You will become familiar with the most innovative techniques and standards in the field of operations and supply chain management today
- It will connect you with the best-trained teaching staff, who will guide you through the learning process of how to attain effective operations and supply management
- You will be equipped with the tools and skills needed for a successful career in:
- Supply chain / operations consulting
- Operations management
- Purchasing management
- Production management
- Inventory management
- Logistics and distribution management
- Warehouse design and management
- Supply chain design and planning
- Gain a profound understanding of the processes and techniques for developing operations strategy, managing operations, and supply chain activities
- Learn to foster a relationship between supply chain management and other operations departments within an organization
- Apply your knowledge by undertaking a work-based project in conjunction with industry, connecting the existing techniques, functional knowledge and applications within an organization.
- Become familiar with the most innovative techniques and standards in the field of operations and supply chain management today by visiting logistics centers and having faculty members who are industry experts themselves.
Who is it for?
The Master of Science in Management (specialization in Operations and Supply Chain Management) is aimed at recent graduates and junior professionals with the following academic backgrounds:
- Business Administration
Applicants with a different academic backgroundwill be asked to provide proof of sufficient quantitative and analytical training by presenting a GMAT score of 650 or higher.
Find out what you're going to learn.
Economics, Business Administration, Engineering, Mathematics and Physics. Applicants with a different academic background will be asked to provide a 650 or higher GMAT score
We are looking for candidates with a maximum of 3 years of work experience.
TOEFL IBT: > 100 >
CAE: C1 >
IELTS: > 6.5
English native speakers and those whose have studied their Bachelor's Degree fully in English don't need to present the mentioned certificate.
Program taught in:
See 9 more programs offered by Barcelona School of Management · Pompeu Fabra University »
Last updated January 23, 2019
This course is