Biotechnology and bioinformatics are among the most vibrant and rapidly evolving areas of modern science. Enroll on Skoltech Life Sciences program and become a sought-after professional capable of cracking challenges in biomedicine, genetics, pharmaceuticals and other fields. You will be accelerating scientific progress, advancing basic research, envisioning forthcoming technologies.
- Modes and duration: 2 years (full-time)
- Tuition fees: no tuition fees for those who successfully pass the selection
- Language: English
The MSc program is 2 years long: the first year is to strengthen your theoretical background, and the second year is to focus on research. Students have the freedom to choose courses and extracurricular activities to shape their individual trajectory, acquire soft skills, and gain entrepreneurial skills to prepare for job placement.
- Lectures and practical classes conducted by world-renowned professors and experts.
- Students' individual research projects carried out at Skoltech laboratories.
- An 8-week summer industry immersion program at leading companies turning knowledge and skills into action.
- Courses on entrepreneurship and innovation that provide skills, as well as knowledge, to commercialize ideas and research findings.
Our MSc students:
- Gain advanced knowledge in the emerging areas in molecular biology, gene engineering, pharmacology, bioinformatics, and neuroscience
- Develop hard and soft skills indispensable in a future career
- Master cutting edge methods, technologies and learn how to implement them in future research
- Apply a multidisciplinary approach drawing from mathematics, statistics, probability theory and other disciplines to address the pressing issues of biotechnology
- Get hands-on experience in designing and carrying out experiments as well as analyzing and interpreting results
- Gain multinational research experience working with diverse teams and labs worldwide (MIT, Washington University, Tel Aviv University, University of Santiago, etc.)
- Choose from a multitude of fields and career paths ranging from research labs to multinational biomedical companies.
The 2-year program comprises of compulsory and recommended elective courses on the most important topics, a wide set of elective courses (depending on the research and professional needs of the student), components of entrepreneurship and innovation, research activity and 8 weeks of industry immersion.
Education: Relevant bachelor's degree or equivalent in Biology, Chemistry, Agro, IT, Physics, Medicine, Mathematics.
English Language: If your education has not been conducted in English, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
- Your CV (ENG)
- Motivation letter (ENG)
- 2 recommendation letters
- Diploma or transcript
- Your certificates and awards, achievements and other materials for portfolio
About the School
We are Skoltech – a new international English-speaking STEM university in Moscow, Russia. In just 8 years, we united dozens of researchers and globally renowned professors, built a stunning campus, se ... Read More