Today’s dynamic organizations require skilled, well-educated leaders. South University Savannah’s Master of Science in Leadership program can help you develop your natural leadership qualities and prepare you to effectively lead individuals, teams, and complex organizations. Now offered in our Online + On Campus learning format, our new way of learning gives you the opportunity to learn alongside your peers while still having the capacity to meet the demands you face as a professional. The first week of the quarter is spent in the classroom, getting to know classmates and faculty, followed by an alternating schedule of one week online and one week on campus.
Through faculty guidance and coursework, you can refine your leadership style so that you can more successfully manage, communicate with, and influence others. As a student in the Master of Science in Leadership program, you can develop the business, communication, and problem-solving skills that are needed for leadership roles in public, private, and nonprofit organizations.
Upon completing the Master of Science in Leadership Program, you should be able to:
- Assess how individuals, cultures, society, ethics, and psychological principles affect the actions and decisions of leaders.
- Influence others through effective communications that utilize clear, scholarly, and persuasive arguments.
- Critically evaluate qualitative and quantitative data to recognize and solve problems.
- Demonstrate information literacy, including the ability to determine and assess the extent of information needed, critically evaluate information and its sources.
- Use information effectively, ethically, and legally to accomplish specific purposes.
The Master of Science in Leadership program will help you to develop the business, communication, and problem-solving skills needed for leadership roles in public, private, and nonprofit organizations.
Master of Science in Leadership: 48 Credits
Foundation: Personal Leadership: 12 Credits
- LEA5100 Leadership, Organization Theory, and Change, 4 Credit Hours
- LEA5125 Leadership Ethics, Culture, and Politics, 4 Credit Hours
- MBA5001 Organizational Behavior and Communication, 4 Credit Hours
Core: Organizational Leadership: 32 Credits
- LEA5130 Team Building and Group Dynamics, 4 Credit Hours
- LEA5140 Emotional Intelligence and Leadership, 4 Credit Hours
- LEA6150 Coaching and Professional Development, 4 Credit Hours
- LEA6175 International Leadership, 4 Credit Hours
- LEA6180 Strategic Negotiations, 4 Credit Hours
- LEA6185 International Negotiations, 4 Credit Hours
- MBA6501 Strategic Human Resources Management, 4 Credit Hours
- MBA6505 Organizational Development and Change Management, 4 Credit Hours
Capstone: 4 Credits
- LEA6999 Strategic Leadership and Implementation, 4 Credit Hours
South University, Online Program offerings may not be available to residents of all states. Please contact an admissions representative for further information.
Haven’t experienced online learning before or wondering what it’s like to earn your degree online at South University? While the mode of learning is different from the traditional classroom experience with added convenience and flexibility, we hold the same high standards of academic excellence in the online classroom.
South University’s online programs combine a curriculum designed for student outcomes and a classroom designed for flexibility and engagement. Our online classroom learning platform, Brightspace, provides you with a host of features to enhance your learning experience, including:
- Advanced media content
- Personalized navigation
- Simplified online learning atmosphere
- Access to digital books
- Emailing and instant messaging options
We provide more than just an online classroom, bringing a range of campus experiences and services online. In addition, the online classroom is accessible on the go via mobile devices and with tools like the Pulse App. Pulse helps you stay connected and on track with your course by providing a number of features such as course calendars, readings and assignments, feedback and grades, and announcements.
How to apply
We make the application process as smooth as possible so you can start earning your degree right away. Our admissions representatives will guide you through our three-step process.
- To get started, call 888-444-3404, to speak with an Admissions Representative or fill out our request information form.
- An admissions representative will review our degree programs with you, give you an overview of the admissions process, and help you complete the application process. You can take a guided tour of our campus or a virtual tour online. Apply Now
- A Finance Counselor will work with you to discuss options and qualifications and to develop a payment plan that works for you. Programs with alternative application procedures.
2020-21 Starting Dates
About the School
South University provides a warm, supportive learning environment that will encourage you to engage with a community of faculty, staff, and students eager to play a role in helping you achieve your ed ... Read More