International Master program In Landscape Architecture is united around the concept of landscape, which is generally understood to mean outdoor spaces, environments and places and relationships between people and these spaces, environments, and places, both in terms of activities and perceptions. Landscape Architecture is concerned with landscapes of all types, both urban and rural, and at all scales from the smallest open space to the region.
The Aim: The overall objective is to enable students to become professional landscape architects, primarily through European Federation of Landscape Architecture (EFLA) accreditation. The program is designed to reflect the EU Bologna process and the EFLA criteria.
Degree: Master of Science in Engineering
Learning outcomes: The program equips students with appropriate knowledge and understanding in the following areas and helps them to synthesize this knowledge and apply it to the practical problems and projects that they must address:
- the physical and natural systems and processes and the complex range of social, economic and cultural factors that interact together to shape the landscape
- the theories and concepts underlying the practice of landscape architecture
- the range of techniques and materials used in landscape architecture
- the professional, legal, the institutional and administrative context in which landscape architecture is practiced, including, where appropriate, contract law and landscape specification
- the social, cultural and environmental values and ethical issues relevant to practice as a landscape architect, with particular emphasis on the role of sustainability
- the interface between the different areas of the landscape profession and between landscape architecture and other professions.
Admission requirements: Applicants for Master Studies in the Landscape Architecture must hold a bachelor degree, or its equivalent, in landscape architecture from a recognized and accredited University. Applicants must be able to communicate fluently in English and must provide a completed application form and support it with a portfolio of examples of design project work. An interview either in person or by Skype or phone is also required.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 21, 2018