The Master of Science in Finance with a major in Islamic Finance is a comprehensive post-graduate program for people who are seeking a detailed understanding of the concepts and mechanisms of Islamic Finance, banking and insurance industries. Students will learn from professors with extensive experience in the field and will be able to work in any IF institution upon graduation.
- Duration: 18 months
- Credits: 90 ECTS
- Language: English
- Intakes: February and September
- Degree Awarded: Master of Science in Finance Major in Islamic Finance.
- Exchange Program: Rotate between Geneva and Barcelona campuses. We offer the opportunity of studying in both campuses during the 18 month master program.
- Internships: Students have internship opportunities with important companies.
- Location: Geneva and Barcelona
The international nature of GBS has led to the development of a system that combines the European approach of using ECTS credits with a curriculum structure that is commonly implemented in the United States.
Each program major allows students to study general education, core and elective subjects which cover 80% of all curriculums, 20% dedicated to orientation subjects related to their specific major, these subjects are unique for each Program.
- Introduction to Islamic Finance & Banking
- Principles of Islamic Jurisprudence
- Islamic Insurance
- Islamic Economic System
- Contracts & Partnership in Islamic Banking
- Sukuk Structure
- Corporate and Finance Manager
- Trader in Finance
- Islamic Institutions Specialist
- Investment Manager
- Head of Finance
- Account Manager
- Investment Banking
- Sales and Trading
Application and Admissions
GBS’s selection process emphasises leadership potential, academic ability, personal qualities and competencies. We are looking for candidates with managerial experience, people skills and a proven academic record.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in a related field (plus 2 years experience). For Executive Master, 5 years experience
- Completed application form with passport photo included
- Photocopy of all academic diplomas or certificates
- Official English exam results: IELTS 6.0, TOEFL IBT 70, proof of studying previously in an English speaking environment for a minimum of 3 years, or successful completion of the university’s admission examination.
- Photocopy of your passport
- Payment receipt of the application fee.
- Curriculum Vitae (C.V.)
- 1 Recommendation letter
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 13, 2017