Programme in brief
A one year, academic study in 2 countries, broadening your horizon by a truly international focus in the subjects. You can choose out of 2 pathways;
- MSc in International Logistics and Supply Chain Management (ILSCM)
- MSc in International Procurement and Supply Chain Management (IPSCM).
Content of the programme
Term 1; September - December in The Netherlands;
- Supply Chains and Production Control Systems
- Research Skills and economics for International Supply Chains
- Maritime Finance and Business Modelling
Term 2; January - May in Plymouth, U.K.
- Logistics, Supply Chains, Systems and Methods
- International Supply Chain Systems
- International Logistics Management
- International Procurement Management
Term 3; May - September location can be everywhere
What to expect from us
Our ultimate aim is to prepare you for a management career whether or not you have academic and/or industry experience. We offer an opportunity to enhance your professional competence with the knowledge, technical capacity and skills demanded in senior management positions dealing with logistics, procurement, and supply chain management issues.
Modes of instruction:
At Fontys we believe that a range of different study approaches prepare you best for the business field after graduation; workshops, lectures, group work, guest lectures, assignments, group discussions, logistic excursions and case studies.
What do we expect from you
To study this program you need to have career aspirations in logistics, procurement and supply chain management. You also need to have a great interest in other cultures, as you will study with students from different backgrounds and you will study in two different countries. Students should be motivated to work hard since the programme has a heavy workload of 90 ECs in 1 year.
Students about this programme
I decided to do my Master in International Procurement and Supply Chain Management because I wanted to gain knowledge in the area of business which interests me the most.
In total, I am very satisfied with my decision to choose the combination of both schools, Fontys and Plymouth University, because I was able to learn a lot, have fun and meet new people from all over the world.
With regard to the courses using the simulation software, Simul8 has been one of the highlights. Every class was interesting and challenging. For me personally, it was very interesting to have an exchange of opinions and ideas with the lecturers on Procurement related topics.
I started as a Trainee in Category Management for one of Germanys biggest Retailers.
1. A relevant Bachelor degree or equivalent in a business, engineering or logistics subject. Candidates with a non-logistics related bachelor degree will be recommended to prepare by reading a specific book.
2. An IELTS score of 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 5.5 in each element). Dutch, German and EEA-students with a Bachelor degree according to the Diploma list of the Code of Conduct
can be exempted from the required IELTS test report.
After receipt and verification of the application form, Fontys University will send the enrolment letter / conditional enrolment letter/dismissal letter by email.
About the School
Fontys provides education and research. As a broad-based university, we are the largest public knowledge institute in the southern Netherlands.