Offered jointly between the UPF's International Business School, ESCI, and UPF Barcelona School of Management, the Master of Science in International Business is a one-year, full time program entirely taught in English. It is targeted at graduates from different spheres of knowledge who wish to obtain the knowledge, techniques, skills and critical attitudes to understand and be successful in the current context of the global company. The program includes a curricular internship and a one-week international business trip to a foreign country.
Practically focused and internationally oriented, the Master of Science in International Business is organized so that students learn about all the processes and strategic decisions involved in business internationalization. Throughout the program, students learn how to operate in international markets, manage cross-cultural teams and communicate and negotiate internationally. The program's curriculum unfolds parallel to the internationalization process of a company: internal and external diagnosis (1st term), strategic planning (2nd term) and business operation (3rd term).
The Master of Science in International Business benefits from the outstanding, hand-picked faculty of UPF's world ranked Department of Economics and Business and the professional international business expertise of ESCI, UPF's long-established International Business School. The program's faculty is known for their scientific approach, their constant contribution to creating knowledge and their proven ability to stimulate and convey knowledge.
Why this program?
- It features professionals from the world of international business and faculty from the UPF's Department of Economics and Business and ESCI International Business School.
- It provides students with the management skills they need to communicate and negotiate in a multicultural business environment.
- It will help you understand and implement commercial, financial, human resource and operational strategies, and will provide information about the legal requirements for company internationalization.
- It will help you master the analysis tools used in preparing and implementing International Business Plans and you will put them into practice as part of your final project.
- It requires that students complete an internship, providing relevant work experience in the field of international business.
- It sends students on a business trip to help familiarize them with the institutions that facilitate the internationalization and experience of international companies.
- To interpret current political, economic and social affairs in an international business key.
- To be able to identify, analyze and develop business opportunities in international markets.
- To acquire and master analysis tools to create and implement an International Business Plan and put them into practice in the course's final project.
- To design and carry out the analytical, operating and strategic functions of the international business.
- To develop and implement the commercial, financial, human resources and operations strategies, and know the legal requirements for the internationalization of the company.
- To promote the management skills necessary for communication and negotiation in a multicultural business environment.
- To obtain relevant work experience in the field of international business on completing the Master of Science internship.
Who is it for?
The Master of Science in International Business is aimed at recent graduates and junior professionals of diverse backgrounds who wish to acquire a realistic, practical and professional perspective of international business.
Find out what you're going to learn.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 9, 2017