Read more about how RIT is tackling the coronavirus crisis here
The integrative design program enables students with artistic, technical, engineering, and management backgrounds to study and successfully engage with creative development teams. This one-year design master’s degree develops your understanding of the theories, methods, processes of design, and their application in product and service development.
The MS in integrative design establishes a variety of creative design thinking techniques in areas such as systems thinking, brainstorming, immersions, contextual relevance, and empathy will be used to develop an in-depth understanding of the design process, the product/service life cycle, product/service feasibility, and the integration of social responsibility in product/service design. The program enables students with artistic, technical, engineering, and management backgrounds to study and to successfully engage in creative development teams.
- Consumer Packaged Goods
Integrative Design, MS degree, typical course sequence
- INGD-721 Elements and Methods
- INGD-722 Emotion and Implementation
- INGD-726 Visualization I: Development
- INGD-727 Visualization II: Communication
- INGD-731 Design Studio I: Concepts
- INGD-732 Design Studio II: Capstone
To be considered for admission to the MS in Integrative Design program, candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Complete a graduate application.
- Hold a baccalaureate degree (or equivalent) from an accredited university or college.
- Submit official transcripts (in English) of all previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work.
- Submit three letters of recommendation from academic or professional sources.
- Submit a personal statement of purpose (300-500 words) detailing the attributes you bring to graduate study, including professional goals you wish to achieve.
- Submit a current resume or curriculum vitae.
- International applicants whose native language is not English must submit scores from the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE. A minimum TOEFL score of 88 (internet-based) is required. A minimum IELTS score of 6.5 is required. The English language test score requirement is waived for native speakers of English or for those submitting transcripts from degrees earned at American institutions.
About the School
With more than 80 graduate programs in high-paying, in-demand fields and scholarships, assistantships and fellowships available, we invite you to take a closer look at RIT. Don't be fooled by the word ... Read More