Singapore Management University (SMU) offers the Master of Science in Innovation (MI) programme by coursework. This new programme delivers a relevant curriculum and innovative pedagogy applied to the heart of Singapore and the region’s need for new business creation and innovation. Providing a 12-month weekend-based engagement, the programme offers a cross-disciplined and practical innovation and entrepreneurship education through world-class faculty, regular engagement with thought-leading practitioners, a study stint abroad at a globally leading business school, and practical innovation projects. It is designed to engage, challenge and grow Asia’s next generation of innovation and entrepreneurial leaders.
The Master of Science in Innovation (MI) programme is designed to allow working professionals to complete the (part-time) programme in four terms over 12 months. The MI programme commences in the month of August, and there will only be one intake each year. Candidates are required to complete Modules, including several innovation Seminars, a Capstone Innovation Project, and an International Residency in order to be awarded the Master in Innovation degree. As in the previous year, our partner for the 2013 international residency segment will be the reputable Babson College in the USA (near Boston) on the basis of their high-quality Entrepreneurship education programme.
- An undergraduate bachelor’s degree
- GMAT, GRE or Online SMU Admissions Test. (GMAT institution code F8D-7V- 97)
- Citizen, PR and all nationalities residing in Singapore. International students will need to obtain visa like the Employment pass, Dependent's pass etc before moving to Singapore. Those without these visas will have to apply the full-time track to be eligible for Student's Pass.
- Admission interviews will be conducted for shortlisted candidates.
Application (non-refundable): S$50
Registration Fee* (non-refundable):
- S$5,400 (Singaporeans / Singapore Permanent Residents)
- S$5,500 (Others)
- S$42,586 (Inclusive of GST), payable in four installments
First installment payable by May – S$12,736
Second installment payable by September – S$9,950
Third installment payable by December – S$9,950
Last installment payable by February (Following year) – S$9,950
^ The tuition fee does not include meals, air travel, travel insurance, living and accommodation expenses in Singapore and overseas.
*(Non-refundable) Amount payable upon acceptance to the programme. $5,000 will contribute to the first payment of tuition fees. The registration fee includes matriculation, examination fees, orientation activities, library & computer account.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 25, 2018