Master of Science in Information Technology (M.S.I.T.)
As the need for technical expertise increases exponentially, so has the demand for qualified information technology managers: managers who understand that each technical decision is also a business decision. The incredible global evolution and expansion of information technologies in general and e-based systems in particular has created an unprecedented demand for highly skilled technology professionals. What makes the difference today, however, between someone who works with technology and someone who strategically uses technology to achieve competitive advantage is what the Clark University M.S.I.T. program is all about. It is designed to accommodate adult working students, with the increased demand for graduate professional degrees today. International students attend our professional degree programs from countries around the world. The most effective skill that an IT manager can possess is the ability to take a holistic approach, think critically and creatively, and then combine technology and organization goals to produce organizational synergies. Clark University's Master of Science in Information Technology is designed to prepare you to utilize these professional skills with confidence. The M.S.I.T. program provides an in-depth overview of information technology areas and couples this knowledge with skills in project management, business intelligence systems, systems analysis, Internet optimization techniques, e-commerce, and other management areas where an understanding of technology usage creates opportunities for strategic rewards.
Graduates of the M.S.I.T. degree program can expect to be able to:
- Develop data administration policies and procedures.
- Use managerial economics to plan, control and make technological decisions.
- Utilize a methodological approach to system design and implementation.
- Gather, assess and interpret information on emerging technologies and key trends in the application of these technologies to a particular industry
- Understand data security issues, data encryption and legal aspects of information security
- Utilize architectural solutions for information systems and their underlying technologies
During the 4th and the 5th terms, the students can study right at Clark University in the United States; they may get internship in American companies.
Admission process and requirements
1. TOEFL (International Exam on English), Native English speakers do not need to document their English skills 2. Submission of documents 3. All the presented documents are sent to Clark University. 4. Receiving confirmation about enrollment of a student from Astrakhan State University. 5. Signing a contract and tuition fee. 6. The start of the program (academic year).
The list of documents necessary for entering:
1. Application form to Clark University 2. Data form to Clark University 3. Registration form 4. Three letters of recommendation 5. An essay on “Why have I chosen Master in Public Administration Program?” 6. Proof of education (with transcription of courses), at least Bachelor degree You are to present: a copy of your certificate in your native language and English 7. A copy of your citizen’s passport 8. A copy of international passport (if any). 9. Your photo in JPEG. Students are admitted at the program twice a year (in January and in September)
Period of study
- 1.5 year
- 5 semesters, 14 weeks each
- A flexible schedule of classes (in the evening, 2-3 times a week)
$ 6,500 for the whole period of study (excluding study at Clark University in the United States)