Master of Science in Information Technology Management 1-Year Program
The Master of Science in Information Technology Management 1-Year degree is a STEM program that starts in the Fall 2018 semester, August 26, 2018. Students who successfully complete this one year program will earn a Master’s degree and be eligible for STEM OPT. Classes and required workshops meet daily Monday through Friday. Additional support is available for OPT job search (GGU does not guarantee a job) and weekly career seminar.
Graduates of the Master of Science in Information Technology Management program will be able to:
- Explain the framework of the IT discipline, identifying both foundational and support organizations.
- Contribute to management level discussions with the business regarding IT's support of strategic goals and objectives.
- Identify and address issues associated with the internal operation of IT and offer solutions.
- Engage in planning and budgeting processes for all components of IT.
- Use their knowledge of IT organizations to break down barriers existing between IT silos in their work environment.
- Engage their business community in meaningful dialog that results in a strong partnership.
- Integrate new and emerging technologies into each of the foundational components of IT.
- Apply knowledge gained in the program to the completion of a major capstone project.
Students interested in this program are required to fulfill the following requirements:
- 3.0 GPA or higher from a regionally-accredited US institution or the equivalent from a recognized foreign (outside the US) institution
- 79 TOEFL or 6.5 IELTS or 57 PTE exam score
- Required to take Graduate Writing Placement Exam and Math Proficiency Exam prior to receiving Form I20. Students must pass out of both the English and Math exams
Because this is a highly competitive program, applications must be received by Sunday, July 9, 2018.
To learn more about this program, join us for a webinar on Saturday, May 5. Click here to learn more https://ggu.secure.force.com/pmtx/evt__Conf_Detail?id=a0W4A00000QVm5X
TOTAL UNITS -- 36
Term 1 – Fall 2018 Semester
- MATH 240 Data Analysis for Managers
- ITM 300 Management of IT in the Business Enterprise
- ITM 304 Database Theory and Data Management Tools
- ITM 315 Infrastructure and Hosted Services
Term 2 – Spring 2019 Semester
- ITM 305 Business Intelligence & Decision Support
- ITM 316 Software Engineering
- ITM 317 Networks & Communications
- ITM 323 Security, Privacy, & Compliance
Term 3 – Summer 2019 Semester
- ITM 342 Enterprise Architecture Planning
- MSBA 321 Managing Big Data Frameworks with Hadoop
- ITM 344 Project Governance: Portfolio & Program Management
- ITM 395 Strategic IT Planning, Organization & Leadership (Capstone)
Students admitted to the MS ITM 1 Year program are eligible for a one-time grant of USD $1,000 upon admission to the program.
International Student Welcome Scholarship
Golden Gate University welcomes international students from all over the world. We are excited to introduce a one-time scholarship for all international students who enroll in our Graduate Degree Program and meet the requirements. You may receive a scholarship in the amount of up to USD $2,000 off tuition.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 28, 2018