Rider University’s Master of Science in Information Systems (MSIS) is the perfect synthesis of the latest technology trends and high-level management skills.
Whether you’re a developer looking for business training or a manager seeking an in-depth understanding of analytics and other trending topics, the MSIS offers a direct route to career advancement.
The MSIS program first provides students with a strong foundation in information technology and organizational leadership before offering electives personalized to each student’s career goals.
The mission is to graduate a new class of information and business leaders from a STEM degree program that prepares them to rise as CTO/CIOs and in other senior information management roles.
The 30-credit program begins with a core foundation of management, information technology, and analytics, followed by in-depth investigations into the relationship between technology systems and high-level business strategies. The MSIS curriculum offers universal skills for students from all over the world, either online or at our convenient central New Jersey campus.
The MSIS program at Rider is also STEM eligible. International students who graduate with an MSIS from Rider may be eligible for a STEM OPT Extension to extend their post-completion OPT (optional practical training) authorization.
Enrollees will graduate with a deep and profound understanding of information systems for businesses -- and how to execute innovative strategies in their own work.
Why earn your MSIS at Rider?
- Flexible: Course schedule and delivery format options allow you to work while pursuing your degree.
- Relevant: Study emerging technologies and trends, and how they apply to your career.
- Global: Network and collaborate with students and faculty from the greater tri-state area and around the world.
- Personal: Small class sizes and one-on-one attention from the graduate coordinator offer an interactive and supportive learning environment.
- Resources: Students are given access to key databases, services, and tools to promote best practices in information systems.
Credentials that count
Rider is among only 2 percent of universities worldwide to hold prestigious dual accreditation in both business and accounting by AACSB International — the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. It is the standard of excellence in business education.
- Evaluate and address the information system's needs for business organizations.
- Implement appropriate IT infrastructure and environments.
- Execute effective information systems strategies.
- Analyze, design and develop complex IT applications.
- Assess the ethical and legal implications of data and technology-related issues.
- Work effectively with others in diverse environments to solve IT problems.
- Use professional communication skills.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the current median annual salary of information systems managers is $139,220. With an anticipated 12% growth in demand for qualified MSIS professionals by 2026, Rider’s program is preparing leaders in the thriving field of information leadership.
Rider’s MSIS program separates itself by integrating business acumen with a passion for information science and emerging technologies.
Graduates of the program will be able to explore careers that lead toward:
- Chief Technology Officer
- Chief Information Officer
- VP of Technology
- VP of Digital Services
- VP of Strategic Automation
- VP of Digital Marketing
Combining a Master of Business Administration and an MS in Information Systems or MS in Corporate Finance is now available. Our dual degree offerings allow students to earn both degrees with fewer total credits than earning the degrees separately.
About the School
From its beginnings as a private business college nearly a century and a half ago, Rider University has consistently thrived as a home for students seeking a timely, relevant and thorough curriculum a ... Read More