Develop wide spectrum capabilities to understand, analyze and manage organizational issues from end-user computing to strategic implications of technology projects and combine your experiential knowledge of customers, the marketplace, and revenue cycles with the skills of IS analytics to become a compelling business decision-maker.
Irrespective of whether your experience and education are in technology or business - a Master of Science in Information Systems (MSIS) from Coles College will give you the most sought-after skills to help you move forward in your career and become a more valuable Information Systems (IS) leader. Some of the key areas of focus for any business leader include: Information Security, Data Integration, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Analytics and Reporting for Decision Making and Supporting Agile Development.
A Coles College MSIS offers convenience, affordability, and flexibility. You also find experienced and committed professors who teach and engage actively with you, ensuring your place at the forefront of business technology.
The MSIS graduate degree program focuses on challenges that are relevant to professionals in the Information Science field today, including data mining for business intelligence; data-driven business decision making; IS ethics, policy, and strategy; IS project portfolio management; IT integration of functional systems across companies; end-to-end security of information systems; and global IS management.
Through the MSIS program, you learn to develop business and technology solutions with practical applications like data-driven CRM—solutions that you can implement immediately in your current organization and that will expand your capabilities in future roles.
The core courses give you the technical expertise and business perspectives to lead within a global IT organization (10 core courses or 33 core credit hours).
Take your capstone courses towards the end of your degree program. Maximum three (3) hours from the list counts towards your degree requirement. You can take multiple capstone courses including a 1-on-1 negotiated special topic, special project, and thesis courses to carve out your niche of professional strength or add depth and breadth to your current skillset.
The Masters in Information Systems Works for MBA Candidates as Well As Information Technology Professionals.
Coles College of Business offers many advantages as you push your career forward, moving into greater leadership in technology projects and technology-driven organizations:
- AACSB accredited—the premier international accreditation for colleges of business.
- A business management approach to strategic technology challenges.
- Familiarization and experience with contemporary methodologies and technologies including database, data mining, business intelligence, and data-driven CRM.
- Small classes and dedicated faculty.
- Complete coverage of IS security and assurance including business continuity planning – taught by our nationally-recognized IS security and assurance professors.
- Most classes hybrid (50/50 face-to-face and on-line engagement), some classes available online.
- A dual MBA-MSIS with only a few classes more than your MSIS alone.
- Graduate Certificate in Information Security and Assurance available, with most courses counting toward your MSIS and all classes available online.
- Resume - Detailing Your Professional Work Experience.
- Official Transcripts.
- Statement of Interest - 1-2 pages describing why you are interested in the KSU MSIS program and how the program fits with your career/educational goals.
- GMAT Score Report - Request that your scores be sent electronically to KSU. The KSU school code for score reporting is 5359.
- A previous graduate-level degree from an appropriately accredited university in USA/Canada.
- Five (5) or more years of professional, full-time, post-baccalaureate work experience.
- Three (3) or more years of professional, full-time, post-baccalaureate work experience with at least a 3.25 overall cumulative undergrad GPA.
* Note: If your undergrad degree is from outside US/Canada and you do not have a graduate degree from an appropriately accredited university in US/Canada, a GMAT waiver is not possible.
MSIS Tuition and Aid
Coles College of Business strives to provide an education with an impressive return on investment. Tuition and fees vary by program and residence status and are competitive compared to other graduate programs in Georgia. Graduate research assistantships and scholarships are available in most programs.
Approximate cost of MSIS program: $18,000 USD
About the School
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degre ... Read More