Master of Science in Information Studies
A Master of Science in Information Studies* (MSIS) from Trine University is designed to provide students with an opportunity to develop technological leadership in the analysis, design, development, maintenance, and operation of information systems.
Technology leadership degree for you
Focused, values-driven, and accelerated, this one-year graduate program for adults holding a bachelor degree is defined by an intense focus on information systems.
- Do you want to grow your leadership and business skills?
- Are you hoping to advance to the next level in your organization?
- Do you hold a bachelor degree in a technology field and want a Master's degree in technology?
If you answered yes, the MSIS is the right program for you. Learn more about the degree course offerings.
Move to the next level
In the MS in Information Studies program, students will use the latest tools and techniques to:
- utilize the managerial process and tools for effective management and leadership.
- assess and leverage the impact of information technology to enhance business competitiveness and optimize business management.
- develop professional communication skills in public speaking, public relations, and electronic media.
As a technology-savvy specialist ready to move to the next level, you'll be able to critically analyze, design, develop and maintain information systems to solve business problems.You will advance your information and project management skills with the ability to lead and execute information system projects. Graduates will be able to clearly address issues, influence others and encourage cooperation toward organizational goals.
A complete application includes the following:
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation.
- Personal Statement.
- GMAT or GRE Scores (if applicable).
- Completed Online Application.
This program is currently available at:
- International and domestic students: Fort Wayne
- Domestic students only: Avon
Degree course requirements
The Master of Science in Information Studies program requires 31 credit hours for completion.
Students holding a bachelor degree in the following fields of study are best qualified to begin the MSIS program:
- Computer Engineering
- Information Technology
- Information Systems
- Information Studies
Required course for international students who have not studied in the US.
- ENG 502 Critical Writing & Application (2)
Business core courses - 16 credit hours
Enhance your leadership skills with business courses that focus on improving your management and professional skills.
- BA 6933 Statistics & Quantitative Analysis (3)
- ECO 5033 Macro and Micro Economic Decision Making (3)
- ENG 501 Research & Writing Skills for Professional Success (1)
- FIN 6923 Managerial Accounting and Finance (3)
- GE 5103 Project Management (3)
- LDR 5223 Organizational Communication (3)
Information Studies core - 15 credit hours
Build on your background in the technology field with courses that focus on toning your advanced skills.
- BA 6953 Managing Business Information Systems (3)
- INF 503 Advanced Database (3)
- IS 5203 Network Management (3)
- IS 5303 Information Systems Development and Design (3)
- IS 5803 Information Studies Capstone (3)
About the School
It’s easy to talk about excellence. But it’s another thing altogether to truly commit yourself to it each and every day. To live it. To inspire it in everything around you. At Trine University, this c ... Read More