As competition from around the globe increases, so does the demand for improved productivity, output, and service quality from domestic companies. As a result, the need for industrial engineers has never been greater. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, industrial engineering employment is expected to grow 14 percent over the next decade.
Industrial engineers are charged with developing more efficient processes, reducing costs, and increasing productivity within the manufacturing industry – essential functions that employers depend on to remain successful. In order to improve efficiency, industrial engineers use their knowledge of mathematics to study product requirements and then design the manufacturing and information systems needed to meet those requirements. They also design production planning and control systems, improve systems for the distribution of goods and services, develop wage and salary administration systems and job evaluation programs, and create management control systems to help with cost analysis and financial planning. Due to the nature of their work, many industrial engineers have management positions.
Admission to Lawrence Tech’s Master of Science in Industrial Engineering program is competitive and requires:
- Submission of the Application for Graduate Admission;
- An undergraduate degree in engineering, science, math, computer science, or physical science (or other technical field) from an accredited college or university (minimum GPA of 3.0). Individuals with a degree in a non-engineering field may be required to take prerequisite course work;
- Official transcripts of all completed college work;
- Three letters of recommendation;
- A resume, including professional experiences and extracurricular activities.
Applicants who do not meet all requirements may be admitted on a conditional basis and will be granted regular status upon the completion of three consecutive graduate-level courses with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
You can also receive the same rigorous education we provide in our campus program fully online. Receive your Master of Science in Industrial Engineering online flexibly while working full-time from the same prestigious, industry expert faculty who teach on our ground campus.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017