Industrial Engineering and Management
- Degree awarded: Master of Science in Engineering (Industrial Engineering and Management), (MSc)
- Workload: 120 ECTS
- Language of instruction: English
- Duration: 2 years
- Number of places available: 10
- Number of full tuition fee waivers: 7
- Pre-Requisites: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or in Economics or Business Administration
This programme has been developed in cooperation with University-Consortium in Science and Technology, BALTECH, and is simultaneously running in 4 universities in Sweden, Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia. The programme focuses on the following topics: supply chain management, quality management, rapid product development, production planning and management, e-manufacturing and innovation. The key words of the present situation worldwide are production globalization, international and local cooperation and dynamic market. For those reasons, concepts as design, development and management of integrated systems of people, knowledge, equipment and materials are included in the curriculum.
- Covers the main engineering and business management areas; technical courses are combined with economical and social courses
- Teaching staff includes lecturers from the industry and international professors
- On site visits to manufacturing firms and lots of area-related associations for students (ABB, Ericsson, Bestnet, Cybernetica, etc.)
- Different interactive games for Lean production, 5S and production management and optimisation skills development
- Students can use different equipment in Protolab (3D scanners, 3D printers and laser sintering units) and Product Modelling and Material dynamical testing Laboratory
- Different ERP, PLM, CAD and CAE software is used in the study process
- Master’s theses are commonly based on real-life problems of the industry/company and therefore possess a practical value on top of an academic one. Many graduates proceed to work for the companies after graduation.
- The background of the students is very diverse. In addition to a variety of former educational paths there is also a significant proportion of working professionals who are able to enrich the learning process with their practical experience. That also enables valuable networking opportunities for foreign students.
Future career options
This programme aims to prepare engineers who will be experts in a particular field of engineering and have the required skills for company management. Graduates can work in every field, starting from manufacturing and ending with retail. Possible positions include Production Manager, Project Manager, Quality Manager and CEO.
The increasing competitiveness in global market highlights the importance of rapid product development, design quality, multi-company collaboration, optimal price levels and predictability.
This program aims to prepare engineers who will be experts not only in a particular field on engineering, but also have required skills for company management. Such concepts as design, development and managements on integration with people, knowledge, equipment and material are included in the curriculum of the program.
Graduates can work in every field, starting from manufacturing and ending with retail.
Programme specific requirements
Please pay attention as this programme you are applying for, has programme specific prerequisites:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering; Bachelor’s degree in Economics/Business Administration.
- Online test in field knowledge
- Skype interview- will be conducted only to candidates who have passed preliminary evaluation
Online test in field knowledge
Online test takes place in the system called Moodle. The test itself is 7 minutes long and can be taken only once.
- CAD systems are used for ...
- What are the strongest points of paramatric modelling ?
- What are the main functions of CAM systems ?
- What kind of information systems are used in area of manufacturing engineering ?
- Who benefits from product development ?
- What are main advantages of numerical controlled (NC) machining ?
- Quality management is used for ...
- Product development is a process which includes the following steps ...
- What is the role of engineers in product development processes ?
- Why customer requirements managemnt is important ?
Grading scale: 0-10 points.
Positive scale: 7-10 points.
The candidate must collect at least 7 points to be in the competition.
The aim of interview is to understand your academic potential, motivation and suitability for your chosen course.
Questions are composed to assess your:
- problem-solving abilities
- intellectual flexibility and analytical skills
- assimilation of new ideas and information
Interview is discussion-based, mainly academic and programme-related:
- The typical areas of expertise of the manufacturing engineering.
- Industrial engineering is the engineering discipline that concerns...
- Manufacturing process performance indicators are ....
- How to estimate the manufacturing cost per unit?
- Product development (describes the process of ...). What is the difference between product design and product assembly ?
- How to define the manufacturing planning?
- The main components of Computer Integrated Manufacturing are...
- How to describe numerically controlled (NC) machine tools?
- How to estimate/describe the manufacturing quality. Why quality management is important?
- What manufacturing engineers do in their everyday job?
The length of an interview vary between 10-15 minutes and will be conducted by the specialists in the programme you have applied for.
For general admission requirements please visit the Admissions section.
April 14th 2017
EU, Turkey, Georgia, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus (and students who do not need a visa to enter Estonia )
May 1st 2017
** Information on application process can be found here: http://www.ttu.ee/admission/
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 4, 2017