Master of Science in IT Project Management program offers students the knowledge and skills needed to solve real-world IT project management problems. Project management is the discipline of organizing, securing and managing resources so as to complete the project within the defined scope, time, cost and quality constraints within acceptable levels of risk. The Master of Science in Project Management program, along with a valuable academic qualification, provides students with the professional expertise needed to plan and execute a range of IT projects and to avoid typical pitfalls of missed deadlines and mismanaged resources.
Additionally, the program enables students to gain experience in currently-available project management methodologies and introduces new developments regarding management decision support tools like simulation and artificial intelligence techniques. Because of the evolving character of the discipline students are taught concepts and skills required to develop new, or enhance existing, procedures to solve project management problems.
The program consists of the following core and specialized subjects:
- Information Systems Modeling and Analysis
- Distributed Processing
- Advanced Software Engineering
- Advanced Object-Oriented Design
- Advanced Database Systems
- Data Mining
- Mobile Systems
- Foundations of Management
- Specialized Internship
- Diploma Seminars
- Major Projects Management Methodologies
- IT Service Management and IT Quality Management Methodologies
- Service Integration and Management
- Agile Project Management Methodologies
In order to sign up for one of the offered specializations please go to our online recruitment process:
- scan/copy of the Bachelor degree Diploma/Certificate in the field of computer science or related field
- apostille/legalization of the Bachelor diploma (if applicable)
- a certificate proving your knowledge language skills (for the list of accepted certificates, please go to our website). Please note: no certificate is required if the language of instruction during your Bachelor studies was English
- 2 passport size photographs (to be submitted in person to the Students' Office before the beginning of the academic year)
- medical certificate proving there are no contraindications to study computer science (to be submitted in person before the beginning of the academic year)
- A copy of a valid visa or residence card (to be submitted as soon as possible after receiving)
- student health insurance for the period of study (to be submitted in person before the beginning of the academic year)
- Certified translations into English of any of the above documents if the original is in a language different than English.
General Information about the structure of the course
MSc in IT Project Management course offered by our School runs for two full years (4 semesters). We are offering the course in a full-time and part-time mode but classes will be organized in the evenings (from 4:15 pm to 9:30 pm) on weekly days for full-time students so that students are able to find employment/internships in Poland. Students with full-time student status DO NOT need a work permit in Poland. Part-time students will be studying also evenings during the week and weekends (day hours) - every second week.
There are two semesters a year and within each semester students take a number of subjects with varied credits. Our curriculum is created in such a way that at the end of year one of the studies students are expected to gain 120 ECTS for the MSc in IT Project Management.
The winter semester runs from October to mid-February (with winter examination session in the second half of January and February).
The summer semester runs from mid-February to the end of June with the summer examination session in the second half of June.
Students have a chance to re-sit failed examinations in two additional examination sessions.
There are two short term holidays during the academic year: Christmas and New Year break (1 or 2 weeks) and Easter break (1 week). There is a long summer break from the beginning of July to the end of September.
A detailed calendar will be available two weeks prior to the Academic Year 2019/2020 official Opening Ceremony.
About the School
Our School is one of the most dynamically developing private universities which is also unique due to the fact that we offer studies in one and only field of science – computer science!