The primary purpose of the MSHRD program is to prepare its graduates to maximize the management and utilization of their organization's most important assets, its human resources. We prepare our graduates to take leadership roles in strategic decisions involving HR issues. Our goals are to increase the effectiveness of HR professionals in working with their organization's leaders, with an emphasis on organizational strategy and change.
Specifically designed for the working adult, MSHRD courses are offered in the evening or on Saturdays. All courses are two units completed in seven weeks time. There are two modules per semester. With a normal course load of two courses per module, graduation is possible in less than two years (36 units are required for graduation).
Increased global competition and rapid organizational change are profoundly impacting the human resources profession. To be a valued strategic partner and an organizational leader, human resources professionals must possess the up-to-date knowledge, crucial analytical skills and the ability to implement organizational development and design tools.
Through personal interaction among distinguished faculty and practitioners, the MSHRD program will provide students with the skills to:
- Design and lead organizational change
- Function as strategic business partners as part of the senior leadership team
- Understand how business issues, social, regulatory, and technical changes affect human resources requirements and costs
- Manage an increasingly diverse workforce in a global economy
- Apply strategic HR management practices to their organizations
Last updated January 22, 2018