Learn to build and manage a company’s greatest resource, human capital. Broaden your human resource management knowledge and develop the practical and human skills to thrive in a leadership position at your organization.
Our Master of Science program in Human Resource Management is ideal for entry- to mid-level HR professionals who aspire to become key organizational enablers and competent, reliable leaders.
This practitioner-oriented degree builds practical skills and competencies while familiarizing students with best practices in managing human strengths and characteristics, as well as fundamental human resource concepts underlying organizational productivity, profitability, and sustainability.
We also offer an advanced certificate in human resource management (15 credits that can be applied towards the master's), and an MBA with a concentration in human resource management.
Course of Study
Our master's human resource management students typically complete the 33-credit program within 4 semesters. The 6-course core sequence explores topics ranging from ethics and multi-cultural issues in human resource management to employment law.
Students must also complete a capstone course and 4 electives from options that include organizational transformation, non-profit management, and conflict resolution, among others.
Ready to make the next move toward your future? Review our admission requirements and sign up to audit a course for free and to experience Touro's Graduate School of Business, meet professors, current students, and talk one-on-one with our administrators to see how far you can go.
Becoming an SHRM Certified Professional
Why should you become an SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP)? So you can stand out as an expert and leader in the HR field.
SHRM certification is globally recognized and allows you to prove your knowledge of the subject matter and more effectively do your job. SHRM-CP will give you a competitive edge in the job market showcasing your skills and competency.
Our prep course will prepare you to take the exam. We:
- combine master instruction from SHRM certified instructors with the SHRM 2018 Learning System (based on the SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge™) so you can learn quicker and retain more knowledge
- meet SHRM certification eligibility requirements
- will increase your knowledge and advance your skills
- teach at a manageable pace
- reinforce learning through class discussion and real-world experiences
The course is 13 weeks (39 hours), at our 40th Street location, costs $1,200 and you can receive professional development credit.
- MBAN 609 - Human Capital Management in Multi-Cultures
- MBAN 620 - Global Human Resource Management
- MBAN 621 - Global Employment Law
- MSBN 605 - Ethics in the Global Marketplace
- MSHN 620 - Business Foundations for Human Resource Management
- MSHN 621 - High-Performance Management
Program taught in: