The program objectives are to:
- Provide courses in genetics and breeding to all undergraduate students of the Faculty of Agriculture, and advanced courses to master students.
- Train students to become researchers in the field of genetics and breeding and eventually become independent plants and animals breeders, based on their in-depth genetic understanding.
- Extend the students' theoretical knowledge in classical genetics, molecular approaches, genomics, and system biology.
- Teach various approaches and research methods in genetics and breeding.
- Implement the genetic knowledge in basic and applied aspects of agriculture.
The courses of the program are based on undergraduate courses: 71944, 71964, 71092, 71034, and 71045/71091, or equivalent courses from other academic institutions. Students without this background will have to take all or part of these courses, as required.
Many of the advanced courses are given every other year.
Most of the Genetics and Breeding courses are given on Tuesdays.
About the School
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem is consistently ranked as the top university in Israel and among the top 100, worldwide. In addition, The University was ranked the top Israeli university and 201-20 ... Read More