This programme is designed for the preparation of wide profile food science specialists both for the food industry and the companies performing research of food products and development of new products enriched by advanced natural antioxidants, antimicrobial substances, rheological characteristics and texture of various components.
The first and most modern in Lithuania Food Science and Technology Competence Centre facilitates students’ research and applied competencies using four unique semi-industrial lines of food technologies (bread, beer, meat, fish, dairy products).
The Master+ model offers either to a masterpiece in the chosen discipline by choosing the Field Expert track or to strengthen the interdisciplinary skills by choosing the Interdisciplinary Expert track emphasising managerial skills or a choice of a different competence to compliment the chosen discipline and achieve a competitive advantage in one’s career.
Internationally known research
KTU research in food science has been recognised internationally driven by the leading professors G. Juodeikienė, R. Ventskutonis and D. Leskauskaitė.
The first Food Science and Technology Competence Centre in Lithuania
The first and most modern Food Science and Technology Competence Centre in Lithuania is active at KTU since 2010; four unique semi-industrial lines of food technologies (bread, beer, meat, fish, dairy products) are installed at the centre.
Master+ model offers either to a masterpiece in the specialisation or to strengthen managerial/interdisciplinary skills by choosing an individual set of competencies required for a career.
– Development of new food products and technologies: healthy food, food additives and supplements, impact of food products on health, biotechnologies, organisation of production of food and catering products, innovative technological processes, their management, optimisation and improvement
– Food safety and quality: control systems and legislation, chemical and microbiological hazard, analysis, control and traceability of risk factors, establishment and assurance of quality standards
– Scientific research: analytical, modelling and experimental research while solving modern problems of food science and safety, analysis and interpretation of results, development and research of innovative food products corresponding to the needs of consumers and latest nutrition science recommendations
– Able to plan, organise and perform scientific and applied research in the areas of food science and safety, apply modern methods and equipment of instrumental analysis , analyse, critically assess and summarise research results, provide conclusions on quality and safety of food products, biological, chemical and other hazards in food and procedures for their elimination
– Able to develop, install and manage innovative food processing technologies, solve tasks of development, research and control of new products based on the latest achievements in food science and safety
– Able to install food safety and quality control systems, execute control of quality and safety of raw materials and products, and production, provide consultations, coordinate new projects for improvement of quality and safety of food products, create and develop original ideas and methods while solving the issues of impact of food products on human health
– Able to work effectively as a member or leader of inter-field and interdisciplinary teams, present work results orally and in writing, make innovative technological, engineering and economic solutions considering their impact on the public and environment
Gediminas Krutulis, UAB "Naujasis Nevėžis", Director
Our company sells its product in Lithuania and exports it to more than 35 countries. According to the requirements of the introduced food safety standard (BRC), we have to supply food products in compliance with the requirements for food safety at the market that they are placed on and other requirements. It requires a combination of technologies and knowledge of food safety, taking into consideration all possible risk factors and legal requirements of the market. Food Science and Safety study programme are very useful both for the specialists and for their employers.
|Proficiency in English|
IELTS ≥6.0, TOEFL ≥85, CEFR ≥C1, or equivalent
|University Bachelor degree certificate|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher) with min. length of 180 ECTS (3 years of studies) is eligible.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Russian.
The documents must be legalised (Apostille) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the documents were issued. This requirement does not apply for the documents issued in the EU and Belarus, Ukraine.
Average grade (CGPA) > 60 %
For more information of this programme, please visit their web page here.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 5, 2018