The Master of Science in Financial Analysis (MSFA) program at the University of San Francisco provides a unique combination of academic rigor and practical expertise in quantitative financial analysis and economics. Gain sophisticated training in the areas deemed crucial by the investment management profession as embodied in the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation. This graduate program integrates the quantitative training required by the financial profession with a solid grounding in the ethical behavior that underpins financial markets and transactions.
- Select from 2 program formats:
- Preparation for the CFA exams.
- Access to Bloomberg Terminals.
- A wide range of scholarship and financial aid options.
- Offered at USF's San Francisco Downtown Campus (fall and spring semesters).
- Accredited by the AACSB, the highest standard of achievement held only by 5% of business schools worldwide.
- Official Transcript(s) – Upload copies of transcripts from each accredited college or university attended to the online application. If admitted to the program, instructions for sending official, sealed transcripts will be provided.
- Required Foundation Courses – Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Accounting, Probability and Statistics, Calculus courses, and knowledge of spreadsheet applications.
- Résumé – Submit a current résumé demonstrating relevant work experience. Professional MSFA applicants must have a minimum of two years of full-time, post-undergraduate professional experience.
- Letters of Recommendation – Two letters of recommendation are required. MSFA applicants must submit at least one recommendation from a college professor who is well acquainted with their academic capability. Professional MSFA applicants must submit at least one recommendation from a professional contact.
- Statement of Purpose or Essay – A 500 to 1000 word essay about yourself, your background, and your short- and long-term professional goals is required. Please be sure to address why you have decided to pursue this degree at the University of San Francisco. You may also want to include information about your family and personal interests.
- GMAT/GRE – A GMAT or GRE score is required for the MSFA program (a GMAT or GRE score is not required for the Professional MSFA program). Upload a copy of your score report to the online application. You must also request that an official score report be sent to USF from ETS (GRE) or GMAC (GMAT). The USF school code for the GRE is 4850. The USF code for the GMAT is 91M-7L-93.
- English Proficiency – All applicants are required to demonstrate English proficiency by submitting a TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE Academic score. Any applicant who has completed two or more years of a degree program at a higher education institution in the U.S.A., or any of the exempt countries (contact us for more information), is waived of this requirement. Participation in the USF School of Management United States Business Communication and Culture program (USBCC) may be required of any applicant at the discretion of the Admission Committee.
For more information about USF's Finance Certificates, please click here.-
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 8, 2017