Master of Science in Finance
One year. Lots of great options. You do the "financial analysis."
FIU's top-rated Chapman Graduate School of Business in the College of Business Administration at Florida International University offers a unique one-year Master of Science in Finance degree providing a valuable professional credential—one that can have an extraordinary impact on your career.
This one-year graduate degree program in finance, offered at two locations in Miami, Florida and one location in Pembroke Pines, Florida, boasts an in-depth curriculum enabling you to apply financial strategy to challenging, real-world business decisions. The specialty areas available for finance professionals are limitless, ranging from corporate finance to investment advisory services, funds management, mergers and acquisitions, international finance, commercial and investment banking and more.
Since it is an accelerated program with options for completing coursework on the weekend or during two evenings per week, our Master of Science in Finance gives you the flexibility to concentrate on your studies while also meeting your work and personal schedules.
Master of Science in Finance Highlights
Developed for professionals to expand their understanding of the domestic and global financial industry, this twelve-month, intensive, accelerated Master of Science in Finance program will sharpen your knowledge of financial strategy and will strengthen both your technical and analytical skills.
As a student in this exceptional graduate program in finance, you will examine the dynamic and often risky nature of today’s financial markets and learn how to leverage data and information to guide your clients’ (or your own) organization’s financial and other strategic decisions. The program provides excellent preparation for Level I of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) exam and a wide spectrum of strategically important positions in finance.
Master of Science in Finance Unique Features
The time you invest in earning your graduate finance degree has a recognized value that can only be conveyed by a school with a strong reputation for quality like the Chapman Graduate School of Business—ranked by BusinessWeek in the top 15% of business schools nationally.
In this master’s program in finance, you will
- acquire a strong base of knowledge in finance covering financial theory, strategy, methodologies, analysis, and practices
- complete the program in one year
- be prepared for the CFA exam (Level 1 Chartered Financial Analyst)
- use the latest technology and financial software to conduct financial analyses, valuation analyses, derivative pricing and risk management, securities trading portfolio management, bank management and merger analysis
- gain hands-on experience with financial software like Excel, @RISK, BARRA, Trade Station, Stock Trak, Pro Banker, and Trading Game
- have your choice of specialization tracks: Financial Management, Investment, or Financial Institutions
- learn from senior, full-time faculty with PhDs from some of the top universities in the U.S. and in the world, and with more than 200 collective years of teaching experience in specialties like banking, financial risk management, portfolio management, corporate financial decision making, and fixed income
- Two faculty members have CFA® designations
- Cohort-based, lock-step program, allowing you to develop relationships that will enrich your personal and professional lives during the program and long after you graduate
- A joint degree option enables you to combine a Master of Science in Finance with other graduate business programs
- A finance workshop is offered to all incoming students in order to refresh financial skills
- Access to highly-ranked career services, including interview preparation and career planning assistance
- Support services include “no-red-tape registration,” catering, and more