Top Finance Education - Ranked 23rd best Master in Finance in the world by the Financial Times.
The MSc in Finance prepares students for high-level careers in the global financial industry. Católica-Lisbon offers a unique opportunity to prepare for the internationally recognized CFA® Level 1 exam during the degree. You can also pursue an extra exchange semester or a Double Degree at a top international business school.
- Entry-level: BSc in Business | Economics or another quantitative discipline
- Duration: 3 or 4 semesters
- Schedule: Full-time
- Profile: Recent graduates up to 2 years of professional experience
- Program language: Fully taught in English
- Specializations: 4 majors available
- Employability: 2/3 of students found a job before graduation
- Ranking: #23 worldwide (Financial Times ranking)
The MSc in Finance at Católica-Lisbon is one of the best Masters in the world. This MSc is a rigorous and comprehensive program, which aims at developing finance professionals with strong ethics and in-depth knowledge of the field, both in financial investments and corporate finance.
The program combines theoretical rigor with a practical hands-on approach. Students have the opportunity to explore hedge fund strategies, discuss corporate restructuring, empirically test investment strategies, and immerse themselves in private equity or M&A deals.
Our students have access to state-of-the-art resources such as Reuters Eikon, Datastream, WRDS, and many other databases.
Our graduates pursue high-level careers in investment banks, other financial institutions, consultancies, and other major corporations all over the world.
1st Semester | 2nd Semester
- Core Finance Courses
- Foundation Courses
- Elective Courses
- Career Accelerator Lab
- Professional Internship Requirement
- International Experience (optional)
- Summer Internship (optional)
- Language Requirement (mandatory)
- Thesis Project
Católica-Lisbon MSc Class 2018
- 400 Students per year
- 48% of Female students
- 23 Average age
- 35+ Nationalities
- 50% of International Students in the class
- 6 Months average professional experience
- Graduates in Business, Economics, or another Quantitative discipline that seek to improve their financial knowledge and skills in order to pursue a high-level international career.
- Professional experience/internship (up to 2 years), international exposure (exchange, summer school or internship abroad) and extracurricular achievements are highly valued by the Admissions Jury.
Double Degree: your passport for an international career
Spend one year at Católica-Lisbon followed by a second year at the partner school of your choice, and get two diplomas.
Double Degree programs offer you the opportunity to gain a deep international experience and to challenge yourself by experiencing two distinctive academic cultures and approaches.
At the end of the program, you will be granted two diplomas – one from Católica-Lisbon and one from our partner school.
Above all, the cross-cultural awareness gained through this experience is highly valued by recruiters and likely to increase your potential for an international career.
How to apply
Start your application online, provide us with your personal information, upload the mandatory documents and pay the application fee. Graduates with a non-quantitative degree, must submit the GMAT/GRE result or take the Católica-Lisbon Internal Admission Test. The Admissions Jury reviews your application and makes a decision.
- 3-semester track €13.500
- 4-semester track (with optional exchange semester) €15.500
Please note that the application fee and Católica-Lisbon internal admission test fee (40€) are not included in total fees. These fees, including the enrollment fee, are non-refundable.
Católica Top+ Scholarship
Católica Top+ is a scholarship program meant for students with an outstanding academic record.
Implemented by Católica-Lisbon, this program allows high-potential students to complete their MSc with a partial waiver of tuition fees for the regular track of the program (3 semesters at our School; exchange semester excluded).
We encourage outstanding students to apply for this scholarship during the admission.
Note: Double Degree and Joint Degree students can only be granted a scholarship in the 1st year.
Careers: Immersion in the Corporate World
From day one, Católica-Lisbon supports you throughout your academic journey, preparing you for the challenges of the job market by providing you with the skills to open the path to a successful professional career.
- 93% Employed within 3 months of graduation
- 71% Employed before concluding the MSc Program
Why Católica-Lisbon Masters?
- Best Business School in Portugal
- A TOP 10 most vibrant entrepreneurial ecosystem hub in Europe
- Lisbon hosts the Web Summit since 2016 and is ranked 5th best European city to launch your start-up. (according to Startup Heatmap Europe survey 2016)
Which makes it an extraordinary combination between:
Lisbon, the "city of the seven hills", is the political and economic capital of Portugal. It stretches along the north bank of the River Tagus in the westernmost country of mainland Europe.
Also known as the “white city”, the almost constant presence of sunshine and the River Tagus transforms Lisbon into a mirror of a thousand colors, highlighting the city’s unique architecture and beauty.
Lisbon offers all the delights you’d expect of Portugal’s star attraction, yet with half the fuss of other European capitals. Gothic cathedrals, majestic monasteries, quaint museums, great cuisine and the best sandy beaches in Europe are some of the features that make Lisbon one of the best cities to study and live.
Meet Our Students
"Being intellectually challenged prepares you to make a difference and to guarantee your dream job." Nuno Clara
"I can only say that reality has exceeded the expectations I had on these experiences." Ricardo Pereira
"I truly recommend this master to fully dedicated and ambitious people who would like to stretch their limits to later distinguish themselves in the workplace." Meriem Kanzari
"The courses taught by experienced professors significantly expanded my knowledge of finance." Rustam Shamuradov
About the School
Welcome to Católica Lisbon School of Business & Economics, a European top 30 school, and the Portuguese reference school in management research and teaching.