The Master of Science in Finance achieves that professionals of the area, in their early years, reach a degree of specialization and job positioning that will allow them to accelerate their career, jumping initial positions of recent graduates, and achieve strategic positions in the company in a short time.
Since 2009, the Master of Science in Finance is also the flagship program of the partnership between the UAI and the CFA Institute, entity in charge of granting certification for financial analysts in the US, which has become the international standard in The matter.
- Deliver a solid training to our Commercial Engineers through specialization in the financial area: financial theories linked to the valuation and management of fixed income financial instruments, equity financial instruments and derivative instruments.
- To train high level professionals, capable of managing and supervising financial functions in large companies and perform in all areas of companies related to the financial sector.
Why study this program?
Why the UAI business school?
- Because the UAI has the triple crown of international accreditations. Only 1% of schools worldwide have this distinction.
- Because our intellectual production stands out in the region, achieving publications of our faculty in the main journals of the world.
- Because our approach is based on achieving a balance between the modern theory of management science and the best business practices. What impacts both our students and our corporate partners.
- Because we are a school with a global vocation, having a presence in the USA, with our headquarters in Miami, and a strong presence in Lima, Peru.
- Because we have MBA graduates on all continents, and in all countries of the Americas.
- Because we are in Chile, a competitive and open market, which favors the interaction between academia and practice, allowing students to get involved and learn from the market in contact with entrepreneurs and executives of the environment.
Application requirements external UAI
- Bachelor's Degree issued by a University recognized by the laws of your country.
- Maximum one year of work experience, after having graduated from Bachelor.
- Complete the application form
- 2 letters of recommendation.
- Written admission exam.
- Personal interview.
- Application fee: US 100.
Requirements for UAI students
- You must not have more than 3 subjects (9 credits) pending in undergraduate. These subjects can not include: Finance I, Marketing I, Finance II and Econometrics.
- They can not have more than 4 pending courses combined between sports and English. For example, a student who owes 3 sports and 2 English can not enter the master's degree.
- Have the administrative practice registered.
- There is no limit of quotas.
- Send university degree, certificate of notes and 2 letters of recommendation.
- Admission test: is a written test in Spanish with a section in English.
- Personal interview. Both are coordinated to perform in your city.
- Application Fee: 100 USD.
* In the case of foreign students not resident in Chile, they must have a medical insurance with international coverage with a duration equivalent to their stay in Chile until the end of the program. This insurance is the responsibility of the student and must be credited upon arrival to the authorities of the Master.
- Application: USD 100
- Price: USD 18,000
It includes: the total value of the tuition and all the academic material of the program.
Cost of living in Santiago
The cost of living that we estimate in Santiago is USD 1,400 per month, assuming that a department is shared between two or more students. The student must have a medical insurance with international coverage with a duration equivalent to his stay in Chile until the end of his Master's program. This insurance is the responsibility of the student and must be accredited upon arrival to the authorities of the University.
Dates and times
- I quarter
- March to June
- Vacation 1st quarter in June.
- II quarter
- June to September.
- Vacation 2nd quarter in September.
- III quarter
* Dates subject to possible modifications that will be notified in advance.
Forms of payment and benefits
- 20% For former undergraduate and graduate students UAI.
- 20% For the public sector and the Armed Forces.
- 3% For cash payment before program start (cumulative).
* Consultation for exclusive benefits for companies in agreement, residence in regions and group of students.
- Compulsory subjects
- Preparation and evaluation of projects
- Cases in Finance
- Financial Econometrics
- Equity Management
- Ethics in Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Forwards, Futures and Swaps
- Financial Risk Management
- Fixed Income Instruments
- Options and Real Options
- Financial Intermediation
- Elective subjects
- Financial Management Control
- International Portfolio Management
- Business Decisions
- International finances
- Topics of Financial Analysis
- IFRS and Financial Analysis
- Asset Valuation
- Behavioral Finance
- Technical Analysis and Bloomberg
- Debt Market
- Macroeconomics and Financial Markets
- Financial Modeling
Program taught in: