Introduction of the Faculty
The School of Finance, one of the oldest schools in Renmin University of China, dates back to 1950 when its forerunner - the Dept. of Public Finance & Credit was founded. The School of Finance is a dynamic research and educational institute, with the purpose of pursuing excellence and making innovation. During the last 60 years, the School of Finance has already developed a group of senior managers and leaders, as well as leading the academic development in China.
At present, the School of Finance consists of four departments - the Dept. of Monetary Finance, the Dept. of Applied Finance, the Dept. of Public Finance, and the Dept. of Insurance. The School of Finance benefits from the concentration of famous and prominent scholars in the field of finance and investment economics of our country. Among them are a number of domestic and foreign well-known senators of China’s financial circle, and a group of young academic leaders and returnees scholars. Of the School’s faculty, 39 are professors, 34 are associate professors and 9 are lecturers.
The School has built up links with worldwide famous colleges and universities such as the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, the University of Chicago, the University of Cambridge and so on for joint personnel training and cooperative research. Foreign economists like Professor Mundell, Professor Stiglitz and Professor Mishkin were invited to our school to give lectures. In 2001 the School officially launched “Huang Da - Mundell Lectures on Economics” named after the famous economist Professor Huang of our school and the 1999 Nobel Laureate, “Father of Euro” Professor Mundell, which became a very important platform for academic communication. In 2009, the School of Finance established the EMBA joint training program with the Booth School of Business of the University of Chicago. In 2011, the School started the Program of Dual Degree cooperated with University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. And in 2016, the School started the EMBA joint training program with the Department of Land <economy of Cambridge University.
According to China Discipline Ranking (CDR), which is organized by Ministry of Education from 2002, our public finance and finance Discipline has always ranked No. 1 among all universities during the past 20 years in Mainland China.
Depending on the academic advantages and training experience of the School of Finance, the MSF program offers overseas students - who are interested in understanding China’s financial conditions and problems but do not yet have a good basis of Chinese language - an opportunity to comprehensively understand Chinese culture, economy, and finance. The program completely covers China’s financial industry including banking, securities, and insurance. The two-year program seeks to give students: (the objectives of the program)
- Comprehensively understanding of Chinese culture;
- Comprehensively understanding of institutional basis, the policy system, institutions and organizations systems, business model and direction of development with respect to Chinese economy and finance;
- Communication skills with China’s financial industry;
- Research skill in Chinese economy and finance;
- Practical ability to engage in services relative to China’s financial industry.
Characteristics of the MSF program:
- Courses of the program will be lectured by professors with overseas study experience, government officials and industry experts in English. The language of instruction and administration of the Program is English.
- The program is full-time lasting two years. After completing curriculum credits during the first year’s full-time study, students should have an internship and finish master thesis during the second year. Students who successfully pass the thesis will receive the Master of Economics in Finance degree, which is recognized by the Ministry of Education of China.
- Each student in the program works directly with a school faculty member, who is responsible for assisting the student in pursuit of his/her area of particular interest.
- The program strengthens the practice links and pays attention to the cultivation of professional ethics.
Training directions for the program:
- Financial Theory and Policy
- Banking Management
- Security Investment
- International Finance
1. Eligibility: Students should meet requirements as follows:
- Nationality is not China (including Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan).
- Obtained a Bachelor’s degree or is about to obtain Bachelor’s degree by the end of August 2017.
- Preferably major in Economics, Business, Finance, and Mathematics, etc;
- Satisfactory English proficiency.
2. Deadline: 30th June 2017
3. Application Process: Students should send all application materials to the contact person via mail or email.
4. Application materials:
- Bachelor’s degree certificate
- Application Form (2 copies with photos)
- Personal statement, including study and working experience, academic research achievement, study and research plan, etc.
- Official transcripts of undergraduate study. Applicants from non-native English countries are required to submit a copy of their transcript(s) along with a certified English translation.
- Two letters of recommendation from persons in a position to judge the applicant’s suitability for graduate study in finance.
- Copies of published academic papers, rewards, and other research achievements.
- Proof of English language ability (TOEFL, IELTS or other international certificated English tests). Applicants who gain Bachelor’s degree from English speaking countries don’t need to provide this certificate. Students who can not provide TOEFL or IELTS score should provide other materials of English language level.
- Photocopy of passport
- For Chinese Government Scholarship, whether Bilateral or Mofcom scholarship, students should apply directly to the Chinese embassy in the home country, once approved, CSC will transfer their application materials to us.
- We provide tuition discount for those who are not granted any scholarship by CSC. You should send your app`lication materials to us directly, your discount will be decided depending on your background.
- During your study here, we provide several scholarships for those who perform well on a study.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 18, 2018