MASTER OF SCIENCE IN FINANCE (MSc.)
European Business University of Luxembourg (EBU) is dedicated to achieving and sustaining a tradition of academic excellence by ensuring it is at the forefront of evolving innovation. EBU is one of the largest business schools in Luxembourg and strives to become of the benchmark of world-class quality education by drawing on the talents of an actively supported team of internationally recognized staff and faculty of women and men from trans-cultural backgrounds.
Skilled professionals in the finance sector of all industries are highly sought-after individuals. Their ability to decipher the ever-growing complexity in the world of finance is a quality that is not only more demanded but also additionally rewarded in equal measure.
As an applied branch of economics, the Master of Science in Finance explores challenging technical courses, which require students to have strong mathematical and statistical econometrics abilities. The program uncovers topics such as asset pricing, portfolio management, fixed income securities and credit markets, derivative securities, blockchain fundamentals, mergers and acquisitions and financial risk management.
TEACHING METHODS AND STYLE
The online Master of Science in Finance (Msc.) allows working professionals the possibility of obtaining a degree while working full time regardless of geographic location. The aim of the Master of Science in Finance is to ensure that students are able to effectively engage in an increasingly globalised, diverse and multifaceted world having acquired the requisite skills. Students will, at the end of the program, be able to confidently engage in:
- Economic Policy
- Financial Sector Management
- Quantitative Finance
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
Not only is Finance a critical function of all industries, but it is rapidly evolving and also experiencing new disruption through cryptocurrencies and the underlying blockchain technologies.
Business institutions constantly seek finance trained and finance knowledgeable personnel and these courses are designed to guarantee that you meet the demands.
STUDENTS COMPLETING THIS MASTER PURSUE CAREERS IN:
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
- Securities, Commodities and Broker Dealer Compliance
- Investment Banking
- Hedge Fund Management
- Personal Financial Advisement
- Regulatory Bodies
INVESTMENT PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
Students will, at the end of the program, be able to confidently:
- Apply and critically evaluate corporate finance techniques using sound analytics;
- Demonstrate advanced numeracy and quantitative skills;
- Apply and critically evaluate emerging technologies, stock, bonds and derivatives using cutting-edge valuation methods with particular reference to the operation of financial markets;
- Understand and exercise critical judgement in solving problems encountered by a multinational business; 90 ECTS
- Blend sophisticated modelling techniques with a global perspective in the management of corporate risks;
Have a thorough understanding and appreciation for the importance of ethical decision making.
Duration: 1 year
Credits: 90 ECTS
Start dates: October, January, March
Admission Period: Year round
The school fee is € 11.950,00 for Full Program (EU and Non-EU Citizenship)
- Certified copy of bachelor's degree and transcripts
- Proof of English level: TOEFL score 89 (internet-based), 233 (computer-based); IELTS 6.5; CAE C1; PTE score 59; English native or equivalent
- Applicants must also meet one of the following: A GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, a satisfactory score on the GMAT or GRE & an interview with the academic dean. Students not meeting these criteria will have an interview with the admission committee and will be considered on a merit basis.
CONTACT US TODAY!
It is possible to earn your degree in the comfort of your own home and still have time for yourself and your family. The admissions office is here to help you, for additional information or to see if you qualify for admissions please contact us. (https://ebu.lu/)
About the School
European Business University of Luxembourg is dedicated to achieving and sustaining a tradition of academic excellence by ensuring it is at the forefront of evolving innovation. EBU strives to become ... Read More