The MSc Finance is a two-year program and requires full-time attendance during one academic year for the coursework. The second year is allotted solely to the final management project and can be done in parallel with an internship or full-time employment.
The program consists of four stages followed by a capstone and a final project. Approximately 75% of the modules will be taught by GGSB faculty and 25% will be taught by locally approved lecturers who have been selected through a stringent process. The research methodology and project workshop module will be taught by the GGSB faculty.
The schedule for each module is carefully structured to assist the students in covering each unit more efficiently and effectively.
The serious game will provide the students with the opportunity to bring together many aspects of the program. The students will have to manage a virtual company, make decisions related to strategy and finance, using their skills and knowledge to solve issues and to propose solutions in small groups using a computer-based simulation game.
Final Management Project
At the end of the taught part of the program, each student will be required to complete the graduating thesis (Management Project) on a finance-related topic of approximately 20,000 words in length, under the guidance of a GGSB tutor.
The Management Project is required to address a particular research question or knowledge gap in the field of study.This should be business oriented and coherent with your program’s objectives. The student may choose to write his/her Management Project on a topic grounded in his/her internship experience.
The objectives of the MSc Finance program of GGSB are to:
- Provides young or experienced graduates from all over the world with an advanced knowledge in finance, based on the latest developments of financial theory and practice, and viewed from an international perspective.
- Prepares them for careers in banking, financial services or to hold corporate finance positions within international companies at managerial level.
- Provides the business community with highly qualified executives in financial management, with strong technical knowledge, an understanding of the strategic impact of financial decisions and the interpersonal skills necessary to manage in a global environment.
Methods of Assessment
Each course is assessed by written assignments and an examination.
Students who successfully complete the program will be awarded the prestigious Master of Science in Finance awarded directly by Grenoble Graduate School of Business.
- All applicants must be of age 21 and above
- A Bachelor-level undergraduate degree
- Work experience is not compulsory
A test of quantitative abilities is required. You may submit one of the following scores:
GMAT - A minimum of 70% in the Quantitative section is required (GMAT institution code 0365). Candidates who score over 650 with 75% or above in the quantitative section can apply for the GGSB GMAT Merit Scholarship.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS: 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in all areas (listening, reading, writing and speaking)
- TOEFL: computed-based 240 / internet-based 94 (minimum score of 22 in each band)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) with a minimum of 63
- Cambridge Proficiency Exam: A, B, C
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 10, 2018