Environmental Engineering Master’s degree combines technological, analytical and management aspects of the environmental protection.
Acquired knowledge and skills of environment quality assessment, application of modern environmental technologies and formed systematic approach provides the graduates with excellent opportunities of finding their place in the contemporary labor market. The program was updated implementing the project funded by the EU structural funds, which increased its internationality.
The Master+ model offers either to master in the chosen discipline by choosing the Field Expert track or to strengthen the interdisciplinary skills by choosing the Interdisciplinary Expert track emphasizing managerial skills or a choice of a different competence to compliment the chosen discipline and achieve a competitive advantage in one’s career.
Partnership with environmental organizations
Close partnership with European Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Water Technology (WETSUS), Jurby Water Tech, Regional Waste Management Centers.
Department’s researchers investigate the application of advanced plasma, nano- and biotechnologies in environmental engineering.
– Assessment of risks and impact to environment and human health, preparation of prevention plan and management measures in accordance with sustainable development principles and the EU and Lithuanian legislation;
– Implementation of sustainable development principles, knowledge of pollution prevention, environmental economy and governing documents;
– Formulation of research conclusions based on structured environmental research results and statistical analysis of parametric and spatial data.
– Able to select technological and organisational measures for management of climate change;
– Able to analyse and assess development trends in environmental biotechnologies;
– Able to develop digital models for environmental quality and technological pollution cleaning processes, model technological systems for environment and environmental protection;
– Able to initiate technological business and develop a concept of technological business, its development model based on the assessment of technological business’ idea in the market.
Irmantas Valūnas, Ministry of Environment of the Republic of Lithuania, Head of Water Policy Division
The knowledge, acquired during environmental engineering studies, is useful all the time, whether they are in the area of ambient air, waste or wastewater treatment technologies. Environmental protection is a very wide area and environment components are closely related – when one of them is impacted, some form of this impact is also transferred to another one. Therefore systematic approach is important for an assessment of reasons, consequences, possible technological solutions and required legal regulation of environmental pollution.
|Proficiency in English|
IELTS ≥6.0, TOEFL ≥85, CEFR ≥C1, or equivalent
|University Bachelor degree certificate|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher) with min. length of 180 ECTS (3 years of studies) is eligible.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Russian.
The documents must be legalised (Apostille) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the documents were issued. This requirement does not apply for the documents issued in the EU and Belarus, Ukraine.
Average grade (CGPA) > 60 %
For more information of this programme, please visit their web page here.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 5, 2018