The Master of Science in Engineering and Technology Management (MSETM) is designed primarily for persons holding a bachelor's degree in industrial technology, engineering, engineering technology, applied sciences, business, computer science, information systems, manufacturing engineering, mechanical design or other related technical professional programs. It equips you with the knowledge and skills to assume leadership and management positions in engineering, manufacturing, industry and more. Students can choose between specializations (tracks) in Engineering and Technology Management and Computer Information Systems and Analytics.
- General admission to graduate study.
- *A minimum Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score of 286 (verbal and quantitative).
Any applicant who has earned a baccalaureate degree in STEM discipline from an accredited college or university with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale is exempt from taking the GRE.
Any current Morehead State University student pursuing the Bachelor of Science in Engineering Management, Engineering Technology, Technology Management, Computer Science, or BBA in Information Systems with a 3.5 or higher cumulative GPA (who seeks and is eligible for admission into the Early Graduate Program) is exempt from taking the GRE.
GRE Waiver Request
*The GRE waiver request must include a resume, three professional letters of recommendation, and a goals statement. Submitting a waiver request and required documentation does not guarantee a waiver will be granted nor does an approved waiver request guarantee admission into the MSETM program.
Applicants who meet all the following criteria may request a GRE waiver:
- An earned baccalaureate degree in any discipline from a regionally-accredited college or university
- Minimum of two years of professional work experience
- Undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher.
The Master of Science in Engineering Technology prepares students for jobs as operations manager, logistics manager, plant engineer/manager, senior engineer, process engineer, design engineer, and quality engineer.
MSU's Career Services offers career planning, interview and resume preparation assistance, internship placement, and services to help you find a job after you graduate.
MS-ETM graduates will be able to:
- Assume leadership positions in the engineering, technology management, and information system related fields.
- Use appropriate methods of inquiry and research to address complex workplace issues in engineering, technology management, and information systems.
- Implement innovative technology-based solutions with sensitivity to ethical, legal and quality of life issues.
- Analyze organizational, technological, and economic issues to effectively design business and industry solutions.
- Manage engineering and technology management related projects from inception to completion to meet specified client needs.
- Recognize emerging trends and issues as well as the digital transformation that is affecting organizations during the Era of Big Data and the Internet of Things (IoT).
Assessment of Learning in the MS-ETM program will follow the ATMAE accreditation process as well as the standard AACSB Assurance of Learning process. A minimum of two student learning outcomes will be assessed each year using course-embedded assessment measures.
MS-ETM students will demonstrate their mastery of scientific and/or technical literature relevant to their particular specialization by one of two means: (1) Thesis option - researching, writing, and defending a written master's thesis that applies insights obtained from the student's reading in the technical literature to a current problem related to engineering and technology management, or (2) Non-thesis option - conducting applied research through directed study or field experience while engaging in both a combined written and oral exam (if warranted by the committee) that will reveal the student's knowledge of the current literature and current practice in the field.
Any student scoring less than 75 percent on any question or on the overall exam would also be required to attend an oral discussion of the written exam.
About the School
Morehead State University (MSU) is a comprehensive public university with robust undergraduate and graduate programs, emerging doctoral programs, and an emphasis on regional engagement. MSU aspires to ... Read More