The Master of Science in Engineering – Sustainable Product Creation (MSP) at the University of Luxembourg provides engineering students with a comprehensive understanding of all relevant aspects of the product creation process. The courses cover market segment definition, product designing and calculation, product manufacturing, and product recycling and re-use. The classes include all aspects of sustainable product creation and have an interdisciplinary scope with mechanical and electrical know-how.
- Combination of mechanical engineering and mechatronic issues within sustainable product creation
- Focus on lean and sustainable use of all resources
- Insights into electrical engineering and computer networking to integrate industry 4.0 and IoT skills
Study and career opportunities
- Doctoral Programme in Mechanical/Electro and Communications Engineering at the University of Luxembourg
- Engineer, consultant in the industry
- Participation in start-up activities and proof-of-concept projects
- Plan, design, and produce products in a sustainable fashion to meet market demand.
- Apply techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools required in the engineering practice, develop solutions to unfamiliar problems, and manage complexity.
- Conduct experiments, identify, collect, interpret the required data, and use his/her judgment and creativity to work with complex information.
- Have the skills to transfer problem-solving techniques to new areas and integrate knowledge from different branches.
- Communicate with co-workers verbally, graphically, and in writing, using relevant and specific terms.
- Ability to work within interdisciplinary teams and to communicate with colleagues, customers, and suppliers in national and international contexts.
- Assess the environmental, economic, and societal implications of his/her decisions in both corporate and global context.
- Have the requisite mindset to take on leadership roles
- Develop his / her continuing education in engineering and as a member of the society.
- Ability to cope with ambiguity and operate in a fast-changing competitive business environment.
- Bachelor degree in engineering (mechanical or mechatronics) or related field
- Students with other Bachelor degrees and good grades are encouraged to apply
- Language: level B2 in English
- EU students: February - August
- Non-EU students: February - April
Program at a glance
- Duration: 4 semesters (120 ECTS)
- Registration fees: 200 € / Semester
- Languages: EN
- Campus: Kirchberg (main), Belval
- Application period:
- EU: February-August
- Non-EU: February-April
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the School
Founded in 2003, the University of Luxembourg is the only public university of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. Multilingual, international and research-oriented, it is also a modern institution with a ... Read More