Name of the program: Master of Science in Engineering: Chemical Engineering
DGP Code: 501512
Normal period to graduate: 4 semesters
Degree that confers: Master of Science
Campus where it is offered: Hermosillo
To train personnel of the highest academic and professional level in chemical engineering and their related fields, capable of carrying out research to generate new knowledge or technological developments that contribute to the solution of problems of national interest.
- Establish an adequate academic and infrastructure framework for engineering education.
- Generate research projects for the development of basic knowledge and its applications.
- Generate projects of innovative application of knowledge and technological development.
- Actively participate in the dissemination of scientific and technological knowledge of chemical engineering.
- Promote the link with the regional and national industry.
- Promote quality professional practice in engineering and related fields.
What Will Your Competencies Be When You Finish The Program?
The profile of the graduate of the Chemical Engineering disciplinary field should be in accordance with the development trends of this field of knowledge for the XXI century worldwide.
The development of technology-based industries derived from this new knowledge offers a field of development to the chemical engineer and his university training will allow him to participate in these developments seeking to raise the productivity of the country and the fair distribution of the generated wealth.
The areas in which the future development of Chemical Engineering is foreseen in the 21st century include, among others, the following:
- Development of new materials.
- Efficient use and energy saving.
- Use of renewable energies.
- Treatment and recovery of effluents.
- Ecological control
- Simulation and control of processes.
In order to contribute to the development of the aforementioned areas, graduates of this postgraduate course must be able to:
- Manage the basic principles and application of engineering that allow you to develop in the field of analysis, creation and adaptation of technology.
- Develop the capacity for analysis and identification of areas susceptible to innovation within technological processes.
- Use the necessary technical-scientific language to communicate with the productive sector, social and with the scientific community to implement in a coordinated way research and development programs.
- Collaborate with professionals from other disciplines in the development of projects and problem solving in an interdisciplinary way.
- Develop efficiently in activities both research and application, teaching and dissemination of scientific knowledge.
In particular, in each of these areas the graduate must be able to carry out the following activities:
- Perform basic research to generate new knowledge.
- Perform applied research to solve specific problems.
- Design, analyze, control, modify and optimize processes.
- Participate in the research and development of new processes.
- Participate in the research and development of new materials.
- Simulate and optimize the operation of processes.
- Plan, control and evaluate the quality of materials, processes and products.
- Develop, adapt and apply technologies to the process industry.
- Participate in teaching activities.
- Promote, coordinate and implement large engineering projects.
List of subjects
Mathematics subjects (8 credits per subject)
- Advanced Mathematics (mandatory)
- Numerical Methods in Engineering
Basic subjects (8 credits per subject)
- Mass Transfer Operations
- Advanced Thermodynamics
- Transport Phenomena
- Reactor Engineering
Optional subjects (8 credits per subject)
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Process Simulation
- Bioprocess design
- Advanced Biochemistry
- Fundamentals of Cell Culture I
- Bioprocess Engineering
- Energy Generation Technologies
- Sustainability and Energy Prospective
- Alternative Sources of Energy
- Design of Water Treatment Plants
- Environmental Microbiology
- Enviromental chemistry
- Industrial Waste Management and Treatment
- Multiparticle Systems Models
- Physical Chemistry of Surfaces and Interfaces
- Processing of Materials
- Aqueous Processing of Materials
- Chemical Processing of Materials at High Temperatures
- Solid-Fluid Reaction Engineering
- Electrochemical Processing of Materials
- Selected Topics in Engineering I
- Selected Topics in Engineering II
- Soil Chemistry
- Advanced Instrumental Analysis
- Design of Experiments
- Solar Energy Engineering
- Separation processes
- Solid-Liquid Separation
Additionally, as optional subjects you can select:
- Mathematics subjects
- Basic Subjects
- Subjects of other graduate programs of the Universidad de Sonora
- Postgraduate courses from other institutions
Research and Thesis Subjects (Compulsory)
- Advanced Research Techniques (8 credits)
- Graduate Seminar (8 credits)
- Research (12 credits)
- Master's Thesis in Science (24 credits)
Lines of generation and / or application of knowledge of the program.
- Environmental engineering
- Bioprocess Engineering
- Materials engineering
- Metallurgical Processes
- Renewable energy
Cabanillas Lopez Rafael Enrique
Gomez Alvarez Agustin
Warrior German Patricia
Hinojosa Palafox Jesus Fernando
Herrera Urbina Jose Ronaldo
Martin Garcia Abraham Rogelio
Monge Amaya Onofre
Perez Tello Manuel
Tejeda Mansir Armando
Valenzuela Garcia Jesus Leobardo
How to enter this postgraduate course?
- Application for admission, curriculum vitae in free format and 3 letters of recommendation.
- Proof of having presented the EGEL-IQ or EXANI-III administered by CENEVAL.
- Proof of English language skills: TOEFL or language school certificate indicating the level of English of the applicant.
- Interview with the selection committee.
- Copy of bachelor's degree.
- Copy of the academic certificate of previous academic level, indicating the total of credits covered and the average obtained.
- Original or certified copy of birth certificate.
The applicant to enter the postgraduate course in the field of Chemical Engineering must have a preferential training in Chemical Engineering. Students with a Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering may be accepted if in the opinion of the Academic Committee said applicants meet the academic requirements for admission to the program.
The applicant must also comply with a profile that demonstrates skills and vocation for scientific research and the generation of new knowledge, as well as dedication and taste for scientific work.
What do you need to get the degree?
To obtain a master's degree, you must:
- Approve the total credits and meet the other requirements established in the corresponding graduate program;
- Proof of understanding a language other than Spanish, as established by the Academic Committee of the Postgraduate Program according to the study program.
- Pass the examination of grade in the written phase and in the oral phase before a jury named ex profeso.
- For the degree of doctor, to pass a general examination of knowledge in the case in which the graduate program contemplates it.
- Comply with the provisions and requirements demanded by the School Services Office for the issuance of the degree.
To obtain the degree it is necessary to have covered the credits corresponding to the postgraduate syllabus, have prepared and approved their written thesis work, and the degree examination, consisting of the oral defense of the thesis before a jury appointed by the Academic Committee of the Postgraduate
Students who have at least one article published or accepted within the four semesters of the program, will have the option to present said article as their written document that must be defended in the oral phase of the degree exam.
How much does it cost to study this postgraduate course?
Cost of the EXANI-III
The registration cost of applicants to enter the Universidad de Sonora is announced annually along with the first entry notice.
Registration and tuition fees
Students, when enrolling in any of the graduate programs, must cover the corresponding fees according to the current minimum wage in the city of Hermosillo, as established in the Quotas Regulation.
Dr. Abraham Rogelio Mártin García
Rosales and Blvd. Luis Encinas s / n, Col. Centro, CP 83000, Building 5C
Tel: 52 (662) 259 2106, 52 (662) 259 2100
href = "http://www.posci.iq.uson.mx/
About the School
La Universidad de Sonora es una institución pública autónoma que tiene como misión formar, en programas educativos de calidad y pertinencia, profesionales integrales y competentes a nivel nacional e i ... Read More