Industry 4.0, innovation management and corporate governance
For managers, it is important not only to be well-educated on the economic side, but also on the technical side - this applies in many areas of the increasingly complex professional world. Only those who are familiar with the technical requirements of their industry can also achieve entrepreneurial success. At the master program "Industrial Engineering
Interdisciplinary master's program
The practice-oriented training prepares students for work in a challenging environment. As an interdisciplinary master's program, IEM combines all essential topics that meet at the interface of business and technology: design
During their studies, they deal with innovation processes that they both theoretically view in courses, as well as practically in the Innovation Workshop and the Smart Lab. In addition to sound technical expertise, students acquire in-depth entrepreneurial and social skills. They receive training as a key person with application orientation, who are in great demand as leaders in various industrial sectors.
What students should bring to their studies:
- A fundamental interest as well as enjoyment of economic topics as well as technical understanding
- logical thinking combined with good command of English.
- good math and pc skills
- A creative personality who enjoys innovative developments.
After successfully completing the degree, graduates have the following skills and knowledge:
- They have basic knowledge in mathematics, computer science, physics, chemistry, business administration, economics and law.
- You can analyze entrepreneurial problems holistically and solve them in the team, taking into account technical and economic aspects.
- They understand the innovation process and are able to initiate and accompany innovation processes.
- They apply the main methods of statics and strength theory, kinematics and kinetics, design and material science as well as electrical engineering.
- They contribute to the implementation of control systems in mechanical systems.
- They produce holistic evaluations of manufacturing processes under technical and economic parameters as well as technology roadmaps.
- They construct basic concepts for production machines and production systems based on various requirements criteria.
- They work out business models and business plans.
- You develop projects and create project orders.
The graduates are employed in management and leadership positions in various areas of technology companies. Furthermore, relevant service and consulting professions are also a career option. By focusing on the study offers also the company foundation and succession an interesting career prospects.
By way of example, the following fields of work can be mentioned:
Industrial and commercial enterprises
- Production-oriented (logistics, project management, ...)
- Innovation-oriented (innovation and technology marketing and sales, purchasing,
- Information management, controlling, ...)
Company foundation and succession
- Civil engineers,
- Attestation Engagements, ...
- Research and teaching at universities,
- Teaching at HTL's,
- Public administration,…
Successful completion of the Master's program subsequently entitles to a doctoral degree program in accordance with § 6 FHStG (4).
About the School
Since its inception, the FH Kärnten has developed into a unique educational institution in Carinthia. Due to the constant further development of the study programs of the University of Applied Science ... Read More