The future of the global power industry is inconceivable without modern IT solutions in energy system design and control. We combine in-depth IT training (computation, modeling, data analysis) and a thorough study of basic engineering approaches to cultivate future industry leaders.
- Modes and duration: 2 years (full-time)
- Tuition fees: no tuition fees for those who successfully pass the selection
- Language: English
The MSc program is 2 years long: the first year is to strengthen your theoretical background, and the second year is to focus on research. Students have the freedom to choose courses and extracurricular activities to shape their individual trajectory, acquire soft skills, and gain entrepreneurial skills to prepare for job placement.
- Lectures and practical classes conducted by world-renowned professors and experts.
- Students' individual research projects carried out at Skoltech laboratories.
- An 8-week summer industry immersion program at leading companies turning knowledge and skills into action.
- Courses on entrepreneurship and innovation that provide skills, as well as knowledge, to commercialize ideas and research findings.
- learn to formulate or model real-world problems using the language of modern theoretical engineering, solve them using the techniques from applied statistics, physics and mathematics and control
- develop or adapt mathematical and computational methods to solve real-world engineering and network problems
- gain full visibility into the energy sector, its structure, systems, equipment, potential challenges, issues, and solutions
- acquire knowledge and skills for conducting research in the area of day-to-day control and planning of electricity, gas, heat, bulk power supply and distribution systems
- gain broad research experience working for diverse teams and doing an internship with the industry's leading companies and labs (increasing the chances of a good job offer)
The 2-year program comprises of compulsory and recommended elective courses on the most important topics, a wide set of elective courses (depending on the research and professional needs of the student), components of entrepreneurship and innovation, research activity and 8 weeks of industry immersion.
Knowledge and skills: Linear algebra, Basic probability, Programming, General Physics (mechanics, electro-magnetism, thermodynamics). High level of English proficiency.
Education: Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Electric or Mechanical), or Bachelor Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or Physics.
English Language: If your education has not been conducted in English, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
- Your CV (ENG)
- Motivation letter (ENG)
- 2 recommendation letters
- Diploma or transcript
- Your certificates and awards, achievements and other materials for portfolio
- February 3, 2019
- March 17, 2019
- April 21, 2019
- June 05, 2019
- July 16, 2019 (last submission deadline!)
Program taught in: