The future of the global power industry is inconceivable without modern IT solutions in energy system design and control. We combine in-depth IT training (computation, modeling, data analysis) and thorough study of basic engineering approaches to cultivating future industry leaders.
- Modes and duration: 2 years (full-time)
- Application deadline: July 16, 2018
- Tuition fees: no tuition fee for the applicants who pass the selection process
- Language: English
- Location: Moscow, Russia
- gain full visibility into the energy sector, its structure, systems, equipment, potential challenges, issues, and solutions
- get a comprehensive insight into computational and information technologies, data science, and machine learning and are able to use their knowledge in dealing with applied tasks
- acquire knowledge and skills for conducting research in the area of day-to-day control and planning of electricity, gas, heat, bulk power supply, and distribution systems
- develop new mathematical and computational methods or adapt existing methods to solve real-world engineering and networking problems
- learn to formulate or model real-world problems using the language of modern theoretical engineering, solve them using the techniques from applied statistics, physics and mathematics, convex optimization, optimal control and related areas
- gain broad research experience working with diverse teams and doing an internship with the industry's leading companies and labs (increasing the chances of a good job offer)
The 2-year (120 ECTS-credits) program comprises compulsory and recommended elective courses on the most important topics, wide set of elective courses (depending on research and professional needs of the student), entrepreneurship and innovation component, research activity and 8 weeks of industrial immersion.
- Knowledge and skills: Linear algebra, Calculus, Differential equations, Basic probability, Programming, General Physics (mechanics, electromagnetism, thermodynamics)
- Education: Bachelor Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or Physics, or Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Electric or Mechanical)
- English language: If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency
Applications are accepted until July 16, 2018, inclusive.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 1, 2018