The M.Sc. in Energy Engineering is aimed at Italian and foreign students and offers a good level of interdisciplinary preparation for working in professional, industry and research at international level in the field of the sustainable energy production, conversion, transportation, storage, and saving.
Learning by doing
The M.Sc. in Energy Engineering offers a unique international experience. The modules are taught in English, Free English classes are offered to Students, a Double Degree Program is available with Université Savoie Mont Blanc (Double Degree EMESB) and a new one with MCI Innsbruck (Double Degree EM3ES).
The M.Sc. in Energy Engineering is located at Savona Campus, where a unique Smart Polygeneration Microgrid is integrating PV fields, Geothermal Heat Pumps, Gas Cogenerative Turbines for fulfilling the Campus energy demand.
Energy production and distribution companies, energy conversion manufacturing industries, energy engineering firms, research institutions, energy planning offices, and regulatory development.
What you will learn
Applying knowledge and understanding: Devise, plan, design and manage processes and systems through the use of models and experiments.
Making judgments: Analyze and solve complex problems related to the production, conversion, and storage of energy.
Communication skills: Explain energy issues to non-expert stakeholders.
The course consists of modules that include thermofluid dynamics and thermo-chemical dynamics, as well as fluid machinery and energy conversion systems (cogeneration, fuel cells, power plants from renewable energy sources and smart grids), traditional energy and civil engineering plants, electric networks, economics, available and emerging technologies for reducing greenhouse gas emissions and environmental monitoring.
The course is aimed at students seeking high qualification in the following main fields:
- Energy conversion processes from chemical, biochemical, thermal sources into mechanical and electrical counterparts.
- Sustainable & distributed energy: renewable energy (solar, geothermal, wind, hydro), fuel cells, biofuels, smart power grids, low emission power plants.
- Sustainable development: C02 sequestration, LCA analysis, biomass exploitation, energy audit in buildings, energy from waste, recycling, modeling and experimental techniques devoted to optimum energy management.
- Degree type: Master of Science
- Duration and credits: 2 Years / 120 CFU
- Class: LM-30 Ingegneria Energetica e Nucleare
- Admission: Free access
- Sede: Savona
- Teaching language: English
- Teaching mode: Lectures
- Taxes and fees: From 0 to 3000 euros per year. Find out if you are entitled to scholarships and exemptions
- International partnerships: Student exchange
- Head of the program: Marco Fossa
Old website: link
Learn more here
About the School
The University offers the students a solid cultural and scientific education and gives them many instruments to face the professional future. It offers real possibilities of integration between theory ... Read More