Designed for individuals who hold a bachelor's degree in an area other than education, our master's in elementary education prepares you to navigate the steps toward New York State requirements, which leads to teacher certification in grades 1-6.
At Medaille, we know you need graduate education programs that train you for a lifetime of teaching success. Our programs are specifically designed to meet those needs and prepare you to navigate the steps toward New York State or Canadian requirements in elementary education, which leads to certification.
Whether you've earned a bachelor's degree in education, or in an unrelated field, such as communication, business, etc., our master's in education programs are formatted to prepare you to navigate the steps toward New York State elementary school teacher certification in grades 1-6.
Whether you choose to take classes on weekdays or weekends, you can earn your degree in just 16 months*
*Students beginning in the summer (May) semester take the second summer off, so their program duration is 19 months.
"Medaille College has a tradition of excellence in teaching that reaches all the way back to 1875 when Medaille was founded as a teacher's college. Our faculty of dedicated and talented men and women are first and foremost teachers. Many of them have acquired years of experience in the field of education as professors and also as working professionals. Teachers trained at Medaille are highly regarded for their practical abilities in the classroom and their ability to teach on the first day of the job."
NeONBRAND / Unsplash
What can you do with this degree?
After graduating with an Elementary Education Master’s degree, Buffalo graduates have gone on to careers as:
- Elementary School Teachers
- Teacher Aides
- Substitute Teachers
- Daycare Teachers
- Educational Consultants
- ECI 535 Culturally Responsive Pedagogy: Shaping Culturally Inclusive Classrooms (3)
- EDU 507 Dignity for All Students Act Seminar (0)
- ECI 510 Research in Education (3)
- ECI 610 Transitions from Education’s Roots to the Present (3)
- EDL 550 Developmental Literacy: Emergence to Fluency (3)
- EDL 571 Technology for the Elementary Classroom (3)
- EDL 650 Assessment and Evaluation of Literacy (3)
- EDU 500 The Core of Education (3)
- EDU 502 Education Methods of Teaching: Math and Science (3)
- EDU 503 Education Methods of Teaching: The Arts, Language Arts and Social Studies (3)
- EDU 504 Early Field Experience/Seminar: Physical Education, Family/Consumer Sciences (3)
- EDU 511 Fieldwork I (0)
- EDU 512 Fieldwork II (0)
- ESP 600 Foundations of Special Education (3)
- EDU 506 Child Abuse Awareness/SAVE Seminar (0)
- EDU 577 Student Teaching (6)
- EDU 693 Elementary Education Portfolio (3)
Medaille Fits Your Life
At Medaille College, we understand the challenges of being a working adult with high career aspirations. That’s why Medaille’s Adult & Graduate programs are designed specifically to fit your already busy schedule. With Medaille, you can earn your degree and still have time for work and family. Medaille College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
- Personalized support.
- Guaranteed classes.
- Collaborative learning environment.
- Financial aid and scholarships are available.
About the School
Medaille College is a private, nonsectarian four-year college with campuses in Buffalo, Rochester and online. Medaille focuses on your success as a student and as a future professional by offering und ... Read More