The secondary/adolescent education master's program is for students who have completed coursework in English, French, mathematics, biology, chemistry, or social studies, and look to build on that foundation. Prepare to navigate the steps toward New York State requirements, which leads to certification.
Whether you choose to take classes on weekdays or weekends, you may earn your degree in just 16 months*
*Students beginning in the summer (May) semester take the second summer off, so their program duration is 19 months
NeONBRAND / Unsplash
What can you do with this degree?
Medaille alumni have gone on to careers as:
- Content Area High School Teachers
- Substitute Teachers
- Teacher Aides
- Educational Consultants
- ECI 535 Culturally Responsive Pedagogy: Shaping Culturally Inclusive Classrooms (3)
- EDU 507 Dignity for All Students Act Seminar (0)
- ECI 510 Research in Education (3)
- ECI 610 Transitions from Education’s Roots to the Present (3)
- EDU 513 Fieldwork I (0)
- EDU 514 Fieldwork II (0)
- EDU 570 Strategic Literacy Instruction for the Diverse Learner: Adolescence (3)
- EDU 600 Curriculum Planning in Adolescent Education (3)
- Methods in Adolescence Education – choose one concentration – (3)
- EDU 601 Methods in Adolescence Education: English
- EDU 602 Methods in Adolescence Education: French
- EDU 603 Methods in Adolescence Education: Mathematics
- EDU 604 Methods in Adolescence Education: Biology
- EDU 605 Methods in Adolescence Education: Chemistry
- EDU 606 Methods in Adolescence Education: Social Studies/History
- EDU 667 Pre-Student Teaching Experiences (3)
- EDU 677 Adolescent Student Teaching (3)
- EDU 670 Literacy in the Content Areas (3)
- EDU 671 Information Technology and Data Analysis (3)
- ESP 600 Foundations of Special Education (3)
- EDU 506 Child Abuse Awareness/SAVE Seminar (0)
Note: a comprehensive multiple-choice examination must be written and passed as part of the program requirement.
Medaille Fits Your Life
At Medaille College, we understand the challenges of being a working adult with high career aspirations. That’s why Medaille’s Adult & Graduate programs are designed specifically to fit your already busy schedule. With Medaille, you can earn your degree and still have time for work and family. Medaille College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
- Personalized support.
- Guaranteed classes.
- Collaborative learning environment.
- Financial aid and scholarships are available.
About the School
Medaille College is a private, nonsectarian four-year college with campuses in Buffalo, Rochester and online. Medaille focuses on your success as a student and as a future professional by offering und ... Read More