The program consists of 30 credit hours and can be completed in five (5) semesters. Courses are offered in a cohort setting. There is a one-semester practicum with the support of a Cooperating Administrator and Faculty Supervisor. No teacher release time is required.
The degree leads to a Teacher Leader Endorsement. It is intended for teachers who want to be a school leader other than a principal or assistant principal, such as department chairs, program leaders, curriculum specialist, and others.
For admission information, please contact
Maggie Stevenson at (815)740-3389 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding the new program, please contact
Dr. June Grivetti at (815)740-3649 or email@example.com.
Educational Leadership Major (30-33 semester hours)
Required Core Courses (21 semester hours)
- MSED 603 Instructional Leadership (3)
- MSED 610 Methods of Educational Research (3)
- MSED 645 Organization and Development of Curriculum (3)
- MSED 655 Supervisory Behavior (3)
- MSED 661 School and Community Relations (3)
- MSED 664 Educational Organization and Administration (3)
- MSED 670 Serving Special Populations (3)
Teacher Leader Concentration (9 semester hours)
- MSED 674 Teacher Leader Practicum (3)
- MSED XXX Two MSED Elective Courses (6)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 23, 2018