The groundbreaking Master of Science in Economic Crime Management is the first programme of its kind in Asia-Pacific that recently earned full accreditation from FAA [Finance Accreditation Agency, independent quality assurance and accreditation body supported by Bank Negara Malaysia (Central Bank of Malaysia) and Securities Commission Malaysia]
It is a professional programme that aims to equip members of private corporations, government and professional associations with competencies in managing corporate and advanced technological resources to combat economic crime.
The programme combines the areas of management, technology and analytical skills with a knowledge and understanding of economic crime from a global perspective. It focuses on fraud and risk management strategies, current economic crime challenges, and on applying innovative technological and analytical solutions. It has been designed to meet the growing security demands placed on experienced personnel in law enforcement, private corporations and government, including the security aspect vis-a-vis the threat of terrorism.
Compulsory 12 Modules
- CRM501 Introduction to Economic Crime
- CRM502 Research & Analytical Methods in Economic Crime Management
- CRM503 Fraud Investigation
- CRM504 Psychology and Crime
- CRM505 Economic Crime Management and Technology
- CRM506 Information, Networks and Internet Security
- CRM507 Forensic Accounting
- CRM508 Advanced Fraud Analysis
- CRM509 Corporate Criminal Liability and Evidential Issues
- CRM510 Ethics in Economic Crime Management
- CRM511 Applied Research Project
- CRM512 Criminology
- CRM513 Contemporary Issues in Terrorism
- CRM515 Cyber Security
- CRM516 Anti-Money Laundering
- CRM517 Organised Crime
Note: Sequence of subjects may vary from intake to intake
Open-book examination (20%) + Assignment I (30%) + Assignment II (50%), variation as and when approved by the Academic Board.
- Bachelor’s degree of at least 3 years’ study in any discipline from a recognised university with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 or equivalent, preferably but not necessarily with industry experience. Those with a lower CGPA but with a minimum of 5 years’ working experience are also admissible.
- Non-degree holders with at least a diploma or STPM may obtain MQA Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) approval for postgrad admission.
- For international candidates, English Proficiency in terms of IELTS 6.0 or equivalent is requirement for course commencement.
About the School
Since 1986 we have grown steadily and sturdily. We have sustained our student number and ensured a robust financial position. We have distinguished ourselves by excelling as a thought leader, an incub ... Read More