The Master of Science in Ecology and Evolution offers in-depth instruction in aspects of taxonomy and the evolution and ecology of animal and vegetable (including fungal) organisms. The range of methods spans open land studies of ecological questions, morphological and physiological research methods and molecular taxonomy.
- BSc or comparable degree in a bio-scientific subject
- proof of sufficient English language skills (level B2), proven by:
- TOEFL test (score at least 87 points), or
- IELTS test (score at least 5.0), or
- a successfully completed Bachelor thesis written in English, or
- proof of at least six years English as a school subject.
- Letter of Motivation (1-2 pages)
The motivation letter is evaluated as follows:
very good (1 point) to poor (5 points)
Decision on the recommendation for approval is done on the basis of the marks of the first professional degree (60 %) and letter of motivation (40 %). The resulting overall rating must be at least 3.0 points.
- Applicants with an international university entrance qualification and Bachelor's degree must prove sufficient German language skillsaccording to the regulations of the Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (DSH), the German language test for university entrance.
Provisional admission is possible on the basis of a current transcript of records (at least 80% of the required for the bachelor's degree CP - normally 144 credit points).
Mode of admission
Admission to the programme is not restricted.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 19, 2018