BRAC INSTITUTE OF EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
The BRAC Institute of Educational Development, BRAC University has been involved in the field of education since its establishment in 2004 as a part of BRAC and BRAC University. Since its inception, it has been contributing to the overall improvement of the national education system in Bangladesh. Over the years it has been flourishing by taking on new challenges and opportunities in fulfilling the overarching societal goals of fighting poverty, building human capital and enabling people to realize their potential.
BIED, BU aims to improve quality, equity and efficiency in the education system through research and development, capacity-building and training, policy dialogue and advocacy.
Master of Science in Early Childhood Development (MSc in ECD)
ECDRC: Where Adults Learn About Children
A limitation of human resources in the field of Early Childhood Development (ECD) and the huge demand for strengthening the knowledge-base of its practitioners led to the need for an academic professional degree programme.
IED became a pioneer in the area of Early Childhood Development by launching the first academic ECD MSc. course of its kind in Bangladesh. A PGD programme is also offered.
Classes are all conducted in the evenings and its uniqueness lies in its smooth blending of classroom and in-field learning opportunities.
What can you expect?
- Postgraduate Certificate Program consisting of 5 courses
- Diploma (5+4 courses)
- Masters (5+4 courses and Dissertation)
- 39 credits
- Each course unit combines 42 hours face to face and 66 hours for individual study and assignment
How we differ from other institutions offering a similar course:
- We are the pioneers of ECD by being the first to offer an academic programme in Bangladesh
- Participants will take part in active learning methods designed to bring the latest in ECD pedagogy to you
- Develop yourself through co-facilitation and widen your skill set
- You won’t stay in one place thanks to the innovative blend of classroom and field learning opportunities
- Take a look at ECD from different angles through the combination of Global and National ECD perspectives
- The 15-month time frame gives you the chance to explore the world of ECD and enhance your understanding of it
- Finding jobs will be so much easier with a Masters degree, and
- Flexibility - this program is offered 3 days a week from 5:30-8:30 pm
- ECD 521: Foundation of Early Childhood Development
- ECD 523: Play and Creativity
- ECD 524: School Readiness
- ECD 527: Individualized Teaching and Learning
- ECD 525: Working with Families
- ECD 526: Contemporary Issues in ECD
- ECD 520: Program Design and an Introduction to Research
- ECD 529: Research Methods: An Introduction to Basic Principles
- ECD 528: Policy Development and Advocacy
- ECD 530: Research Methods: Project Proposal Development
- ECD 531: Advanced Seminar
- ECD 532: Dissertation
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 31, 2018