Administered jointly through theDepartment of Computer Scienceand theDepartment of Engineering Management & Systems Engineering, the Master of Science in Data Analytics aims to address the growing demand for professionals skilled in big data and data analytics in government, industryand research organizations.
Through courses led by top faculty members at the School of Engineering & Applied Scienceand theSchool of Business, this program is conducted in small cohorts and covers topics in computer science, business analyticsand systems engineering while focusing on the foundations of analytics from a technicalengineering perspective.
Students choose from two tracks: Computer Science or Engineering Management & Systems Engineering.Download the brochure (PDF)to learn the difference.
Students in the program should expect to:
- Apply data science and analytics techniques in the decision-making process of a wide range of organizations.
- Demonstrate the ability to store, cleanand transform data.
- Demonstrate improvements in thedecision-making process by using and applying analytics techniques to interpret results
- Design and implement computing infrastructureand algorithmic techniques for big data analytics.
- Explore the engineering foundations that propel the fields of data science and analytics.
- Gain hands-on experience with analytical tools for big data.
- Pursue or enhance careers as data analysts or data scientists.
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA (out of a 4.0 scale) achieved on the last 60 hours of bachelor's degree coursework.
- Prior coursework in calculus (differential or integral), programming, probability and statistics.
- At least a 320 on the GRE with a minimum of 160 achieved on the quantitative section.
- For international students: TOEFL score of 100 or higher / IELTS score of 7.0 with no individual band score below 6.0
Successful submission of online application form, exam scoresand other documents as outlined in theadmissions requirements.
This school offers programs in: